GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"This is just taking it too far"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 02/11/05 at 16:24
Regular
[URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4385048.stm[/URL]

What kind of crap idea is that?

What worries me even more though, is probably players of that game will pay to get into the 'virtual club' and spend the rest of their night making their character dance next to vaguely female looking characters while sipping on a dash of shandy.

Playing things like WoW yeah, but starting to turn it into an "alternative to real life"?

Please...
Mon 07/11/05 at 16:39
Regular
"8==="
The trick is to be insane in the first place.
Mon 07/11/05 at 16:36
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Hedfix wrote:
> But one man's escapism is another man's insanity.

Alcohol does it for me and if I have too much I go temporarily insane.
Sun 06/11/05 at 13:43
Regular
"8==="
Just ask Houdini.
Sun 06/11/05 at 13:42
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Hedfix wrote:
> But one man's escapism is another man's insanity.

But, is an insane mans insanity esca..... no, never mind... :D
Sun 06/11/05 at 11:33
Regular
"8==="
But one man's escapism is another man's insanity.
Sun 06/11/05 at 11:16
Regular
I think I agree with the viewpoint that this is going to far, because theres escapism, then there's plain insanity.. still, if thats what the guy wants to do, guess it's up to him.
Fri 04/11/05 at 14:24
Regular
"8==="
Well some games cost a lot to make now.
Fri 04/11/05 at 14:16
Regular
What sounds stupid to me is how a "Virtual Space Station" could possibly be worth £100,000. What is it that he's paying for? The artist for designing it? The servers for bandwidth/user-base?

Sounds like expense for the sake of expense... :-S
Fri 04/11/05 at 13:37
Regular
"8==="
Hmmmm.

Do the simple thing and set it to run in the smallest screen possible and turn every setting to the lowest.

It should run on the minimum spec then.
Fri 04/11/05 at 13:31
Regular
UPDATE: After spending nearly 4 hours downloading the damn thing last night (over broadband - so god knows how big the files are) it wouldn't work on the computer, even though it has the minimum spec. And I'm not going to bother trying to get it to work.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.