GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Taboo Tuesday Results Thread..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 02/11/05 at 01:02
Regular
Taboo Tuesday
November 1st, 2005
San Diego, California
IpayOne Center

A video package airs for the event.

Edge and Chris Masters make their way out, and Joey Styles is commentating.

So, the winners - Rey Mysterio and Matt Hardy. Christian was backstage, probably his final obligation.

Edge gets on the mic and says he won't be wrestling tonight. He introduces his replacement as Gene Snitsky.

1. Gene Snitsky & Chris Masters vs Rey Mysterio & Matt Hardy
Result: Matt Hardy & Rey Mysterio (13:47)
Match: 7/10 - not bad. A little slow to begin with, but it picked up in the last five minutes or so.

In a very odd segment, Maria gives her clothes to Mick Foley...(don't ask).

Conway & Tomko come out. We see that Superfly Jimmy Snukka won the vote.

2. Rob Conway & Tyson Tomko vs Eugene & Superfly Jimmy Snukka
Result: Eugene & Superfly Jimmy Snukka (6:22)
Match: 4/10 - Didn't expect much really, what can I say?

Tomko attacks them after the match, and predictably, Hacksaw and Kamala come out to save the day.

An Undertaker DVD promo airs.

Carlito comes out, and the person selected is - Mankind (w00t!).

3. Carlito vs Mankind
Result: Mankind (7:22)
Match: 7/10 - Mankind wins with a Socko affixed with an afro :D

Vince talks to Eric Bischoff, generally ranting and raving.

Mick Foley goes backstage to chat on WWE.com.

The results of the main event vote are in - HBK wins, so Kane & Big Show will fight for the tag titles (3 out of 4 matches have been tag so far, woah).

4. Tag Titles: Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch (c) vs Big Show & Kane
Result: New champions - Kane & Big Show (7:59)
Match: 6/10 - Didn't expect much, and it wasn't that great, but satisfying to see Kane & Big Show with the straps.

The Grish goes to interview them, but Murdoch comes back and gets completely owned with a tandem chokeslam.

Vader and Goldust talk backstage with The Coach.

The Grish brings the Divas out and we find out they'll be wearing lingerie later.

A promo airs for Batista vs Coach.

Goldust makes his way out to the ring, and Vader follows. And the match will be a streetfight - as dominated by 91% of the votes.

5. Streetfight: Batista vs The Coach
Result: Batista (4:22)
Match: 3/10. Ridiculously, Batista manages to fend off Vader. I wanted Coach to win.

The Grish interviews HBK about his match later on. Kurt Angle interrupts them.

King and Joey plug the new Korn album.

6. Fulfil Your Fantasy Women's Title Battle Royal: Ashley vs Candice Michelle vs Mickie James vs Maria vs Trish Stratus (c)
Result: Trish Stratus (5:29)
1:18 - Maria by Trish/Mickie
2:07 - Candice by Ashley
3:34 - Ashley by Victoria
5:29 - Victoria by Mickie
5:29 - Mickie eliminated herself, sort of
Match: 2/10. What can I say? It's a lingerie battle royale, damnit. Although Mickie did say "owned" after the match, which made my inner-geek light up.

A promo for Ric Flair vs Triple H airs.

And the votes reveal it'll be a steel cage match.

7. Steel Cage IC Title Match: Ric Flair (c) vs Triple H
Result: Ric Flair
Match: 7.5/10.

Trips is helped backstage by refs.

8. WWE Title Triple Threat Match: HBK v Kurt Angle v John Cena (c)
Result: John Cena(16:43)
Match: 7/10 - Pretty cack-handed ending, nothing too special.

As an event, again, nothing special, but then very few WWE PPV's are these days.
Thu 03/11/05 at 21:12
Regular
The Wardy wrote:
> Did anyone else see the advert on Afterburn or Bottom line or
> something like that. November 14th - Steel Cage Match on RAW, Cena
> Vs Angle.
>
> Now this was before the PPV on Tuesday so that was a bit of a stupid
> spoiler. It said John Cena would be defending the strap against
> Angle. So it was really obvious he would retain. Stupid giveaways!

Yeah, whats even more stupid though, is that its been advertised during the past 3 RAWs if you'd have been paying attention, which I doubt you have been because RAW has sucked muchly for the past 2 months.
Thu 03/11/05 at 21:07
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
Fígó wrote:

> The main event seemed pretty dull. Sure there was some good wrestling
> on display, but I expect this kind of standard on a RAW main event.
> Nothing new really added here and Cena was always going to win, which
> didn't help matters.

Did anyone else see the advert on Afterburn or Bottom line or something like that. November 14th - Steel Cage Match on RAW, Cena Vs Angle.

Now this was before the PPV on Tuesday so that was a bit of a stupid spoiler. It said John Cena would be defending the strap against Angle. So it was really obvious he would retain. Stupid giveaways!
Thu 03/11/05 at 21:04
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
Fígó wrote:

> Batista, Coach = DUD. Vader the big fat git botching the spinebuster,
> hove. We want Austin!
>
Hehe, did you see him fall over when he got out of the ring on RAW before the PPV? Had me laughing.
Thu 03/11/05 at 20:52
Regular
But anyway, back to assessing the PPV...

Opening match was great, if spoiled a little by Snitsky's botches and Masters poor selling. But still, some great spots (Double crossbodies) and the ending looked pretty good too. Probably my third favourite of the night.

Mankind, Carlito was a bit average. I really wanted to get behind Foley and the match, but something was just lacking and a meh just about sums that match up. Socko comedy routine lifted the match a little, but it really should have been a no dq match or something, Foley needs weapons these days.

Batista, Coach = DUD. Vader the big fat git botching the spinebuster, hove. We want Austin!

Triple H vs Flair was by far the best match of the night. I dont care what any of you smelly HHH haters say, the in ring psychology really gave the match something extra and I think thats one of Flair's best performances in years. Flair getting the win was right and the chair ending wasn't half bad either. 8/10

The main event seemed pretty dull. Sure there was some good wrestling on display, but I expect this kind of standard on a RAW main event. Nothing new really added here and Cena was always going to win, which didn't help matters. Good on the crowd though, who made themselves heard as to who really should have the strap and not some Stone Cold clone.

The rest isn't worth mentioning.

Oh yeah, except for HACKSAW OOOOOOOAAAAARRROOOOOOOHHHHHHH!!!! Yeah baby.
Thu 03/11/05 at 17:26
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
I dont think age matters for a commentator, as long as they dont start getting slow.

Nearly every highlight package from a feud will have JR commentating and getting worked up. It helps add impact and i think he does build up intensity quite well, as does Styles. King is really just there to make a few jokes and put his couple of sentences in.
Coach...although ok as a backup, is nowhere near good enough to be "the voice of RAW"

Might say some more about the commentators issue another time...

*goes off to write down commentator report!* <--dont expect to see it soon. Although you never know!
Thu 03/11/05 at 14:49
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Vince has it totally wrong to think that Ross is too old to commentate. Commentators need to be good as they liven up dull matches and let's face it most matches are dull these days.

Trying to get Goldberg smacks of desperation as he's never commentated on wrestling before so I think Styles is the only option at the moment.
Thu 03/11/05 at 13:53
Regular
"..."
Smedlos wrote:
> I think the idea is he did Taboo Tuesday and will do a few RAWs to see
> how he gets on. Apparently Vince wants rid of Coachman as an announcer
> and if he does well he'll take over as co announcer on RAW.

Not quite what I heard Smedlos, the take I got on it was that Vince rates Coach as a colour guy and sees him as the long-term succesor to The King, but has realised that his play by play is abysmal.

Well, through more luck than judgement Raw will now (fingers crossed) have the best play-by-play guy in the business today, so problem solved...
Wed 02/11/05 at 16:53
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
Grandprix wrote:
> Hmmm, every winner at Taboo Tuesday was a face...

I noticed that too, although i am expecting some heel wins in the coming weeks to make up for it...however they may start to focus more on the Smackdown Vs RAW issue. 2 wins for Smackdown eh...how embarrasing!

Also someone said about Kane having an injury, therefore having his upcoming storyline cancelled/postponed. Maybe they just did that so that Kane and Show can have a title run. I like these two as champs. Hope they have a good run. Most title reigns of two big blokes (in size and status, by status i mean possible title contenders) like that though normally end with one turning heel. Which is a shame because i like them both as faces. Maybe they will do it differently this time!
Wed 02/11/05 at 15:36
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Kawada wrote:
> How many times did Styles give a OH MY GAWD (and i don't count those
> that were followed by *how crap is this?*)

Wish I had a quid for every time........
Wed 02/11/05 at 15:33
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
How many times did Styles give a OH MY GAWD (and i don't count those that were followed by *how crap is this?*)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.