GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"HMV are really bad"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 31/10/05 at 15:22
Regular
Just went in today.

"Buy one get one free on DVDs" - they had a whole section devoted to this. Sounds pretty good yeah? Well it isn't all as it seems, they've just used crafty marketing techniques to short change the customer.

Luckily I wasn't fooled by this offer, mainly because I was clued up from visiting the store two weeks ago.

Sprited Away - £8.99

Today: -

Spirited Away - £19.99 (BOGOF)

So if you purchased two DVD's two weeks ago (at £8.99 each), you'd have to pay £17.98.

That means todays buyers are giving an extra £2.02 to pay the frankly rubbish employees wages.

Cheeky.
Mon 31/10/05 at 19:00
Regular
"The Red Shift"
monkey_man wrote:
> But...there's nothing you can do except build a time machine.
> Why complain about something that you can't do anything about?

Surely you should know that deleted files can be recovered.

Or else, extremely well remade.

Or atleast tracked on a hackers keyboard plug (which are legal to use on yourself if you want to make sure you never lose anything you type)
Mon 31/10/05 at 18:03
Regular
Perhaps they're trying to make it back from all the loses they made on PES5! :-)
Mon 31/10/05 at 17:59
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Thank god Gamesfreak is here to fight the power!

You'll thank me unsarcastically, someday, Tiltawhirl.
Mon 31/10/05 at 17:58
Regular
"The Red Shift"
HMV still owe me £3.02 as change from my vouchers, which they gave to me on a money gift swipe card!

Rascals!

I must spend it!
Mon 31/10/05 at 17:36
"High polygon count"
Local HMV staff even once admitted to my mum that they hiked the prices.

A while back, she was looking at some old war films in HMV which were £7.99 each - though she didn't have the money at the time.

A few weeks later she went back to buy some, and they were something like £13.99. She asked one of the plebs why this was, and they actually said - without even batting an eyelid - "Oh, it's because of the VJ anniversary celebrations."

Personally, I refuse to buy games or DVDs in shops any more.
Mon 31/10/05 at 17:36
Regular
Whoever buys from HMV is stupid. Most of their DVDs are £20. Spirited Away is a class film though.
Mon 31/10/05 at 15:50
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Damn HMV!
Mon 31/10/05 at 15:43
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
But...there's nothing you can do except build a time machine. Why complain about something that you can't do anything about?
Mon 31/10/05 at 15:41
Regular
"You have a choice"
Forgive my ignorance but that's a good catch, I have never noticed that sorta thing!

Thank you Gamesfreak for teaching me to be much more careful in future!
Mon 31/10/05 at 15:39
Regular
Thank god Gamesfreak is here to fight the power!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.