GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"O2 Contract Phones"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 28/10/05 at 12:42
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
My phone contract is up for renewal, I'm staying with O2 though because it's the best deal for me seeing how my account is screwed.

I get 70 mins talktime (should only be 60 but the O2 treats gave me 20 mins instead of 10) and 500 texts for £19 a month, plus unlimited phone internet. I'm sure I'm only meant to have 1mb free a month but it's never shown up on my online bill so I just use it to have MSN messenger running on my phone while I'm on the move!

Does anyone else have unlimited internet? Or does it actually charge some people? My data usage has always been 0kb, never anything more.

Oh, and I sent texts from Italy to England over Easter, I sent about 10 of them yet none of them came up on my bill! I'm gonna got mental with the texts next time I'm on holiday!

I keep getting these Welsh people phoning me too trying to get me to move to them.

"Hello, I'm from way-les. I'd like to give you a better of-fer on your phone. What is your con-tract at the moooo-ment?"
"I get 500 texts and 70 mins for £19 a month."
"Oh, sor-ry. I can't give you n-e-thing better than thaaaaat."

They have silly accents, it makes me laugh.

Moral of story: Free stuff is cool.

Oh, and what phone is best:

Sony Ericsson W800i
Sony Ericsson K750i
Samsung D600
Thu 03/11/05 at 16:38
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
therage79 wrote:

> My girlfriend has that phone...it does actually have a 'time of the
> month' calendar...I thought she was joking at first.

Does it have an alarm so if she's late it rings so you can run a mile?
Thu 03/11/05 at 16:18
Regular
"Less chat...More ha"
Cycloon wrote:
> Samsung H530 - period calendar, in pink, with an option to save your
> favourite fragrance type.
>
> I'm SO metrosexual, it's untrue.
>
> Or homo, but I think my special friend proves otherwise.

My girlfriend has that phone...it does actually have a 'time of the month' calendar...I thought she was joking at first.

To be honest Im surprised it has taken this long, the vibration function has been around for years!
Thu 03/11/05 at 14:44
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
There we go, I got my new phone. Got a Sony Ericsson W550i.

It's bright orange and makes me happy. Yay.
Fri 28/10/05 at 17:04
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Samsung H530 - period calendar, in pink, with an option to save your favourite fragrance type.

I'm SO metrosexual, it's untrue.

Or homo, but I think my special friend proves otherwise.
Fri 28/10/05 at 15:43
Regular
"~DPG~"
I think it was o2 customer service was voted the worst one, however, i consider orange to be the worst. Virgin Mobile is fantastic. loving it. But i think on pay as you go, tarifs are expensive on all networks. I mean, ten short messages costs £1 and £0.35 a minuite to other networks! Its all a money making game, networks are laughing at us losing money so fast !
Fri 28/10/05 at 15:37
"slightlyshortertagl"
Chatterbox has just plain silly offers.

chatterbox.co.uk, i think.
Fri 28/10/05 at 14:15
"High polygon count"
phi11ip wrote:
> £10 will get you about an hour or so of talk time to a landline

It'll get you a lot more than that - it's 25p/min for the first 3 minutes, then 5p/min for the rest of the day.

> but not much if you're ringing other networks.

True. 40p/min to other networks.

> Plus I need a new phone, again

Do you? I mean, realy? Your current phone lets you call and text people. Why do you need a new one?

Sorry, but I really don't understand this constant need to keep updating mobiles.
Fri 28/10/05 at 13:55
Regular
"Less chat...More ha"
Im with O2, in my second year...and with a bit of dry bum raping I managed to get a free upgrade to the phone I wanted K750i, 200 xnet minutes, 500 texts all for £20 per month (plus unlimited internet/data)

by the way..I was giving the dry bum raping..not receiving!
Fri 28/10/05 at 12:55
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> I'm O2 Pay & Go Talkalot. £10 topup a month gets you 300
> free texts.

£10 will get you about an hour or so of talk time to a landline, but not much if you're ringing other networks. Plus I need a new phone, again, so a contract is the best option as I'll get a freebie. Despite being a great novelty phone, the Motorola V80 is absolute dog poo.

However, 300 texts is horrid. I text loads, I always organise stuff by text too. I've already sent 380 texts in 20 days, I've got to cut down to 10 a day now or I'll run out and end up getting charged. :(

Sounds like I'm giving up smoking, hehe. I only did 4 yesterday!!!
Fri 28/10/05 at 12:51
Regular
I used to be reluctant to admit it, but O2 do really good deals. I'm with them now, it's great.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.