GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"MARKET RESEARCH!!!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 25/10/05 at 10:28
Regular
Hi, I am doing a little market research for a site i am trying to get my dad to fund but he want some proof that it will work.

The site will be a site that sells Cards and gifts, The differance in it is that people will be able to have a free subscription to the site in which they will have there own account, The account will comprise basically of a yearly callender in which the user can put events in (birthdays, xmas etc..) with the names of the people who they want to send the cards to, The site will send an auto mail 2 days before the event with a link to my site, The site will also have the options to set up all the cards and gifts for the whole year and pay for it there and then, this will mean never forgetting someones birthdays or anniversary's, The site will also have a section on which you would be able to creat your own card and upload a picture to it which will then be printed and sent, There will be a large range of gifts including alcohol, Also company's would be able to arrange us to automatically send out cards and/or gifts to there customers, the site will look very proffesional and i will pay to get it featured highly in all major search engines. The site will also have a range of cards for differant occasions

What do you guys think? would you use this site?

Thanks
Tue 25/10/05 at 12:11
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Seems like an alright idea, but it all depends on the quality of the product you are sending out.

Also the site design ain't going to be cheap, especially for some of the features you want to have.

Also I'm not really sure how many people would actually use it, lacks the personal touch of a card hand writen by the person.
Tue 25/10/05 at 11:39
Regular
The other good thing is that my parents own a shop/postoffice which has is attached to there house, they are closing the shop and just leaving the powst office open, so they will have free storage, And my dad is the postmaster so can send out all the cards from his house were it will all be based, The only large cost will be the web design (to make it really proffesional) and the printer.
Tue 25/10/05 at 11:26
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
On paper it's a good idea, best of luck to you.
Tue 25/10/05 at 11:07
Regular
It's a good idea, but I think your aspirations for it are going to prove quite costly.

Also, I'd recommend the reminders for dates be sent out a week in advance, then perhaps another one 2 or 3 days prior.

Good luck with it if you really go ahead with it.
Tue 25/10/05 at 10:48
Regular
It will basically be like an online clinton's, Basically playing on the fact that people are getting more and more lazy and if they could order it online they would, I know i would and have done similar loads of times.

Thanks for the reply by the way.
Tue 25/10/05 at 10:36
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
I wouldn't use it, but I like the cut of your jist. Free membership would work, because most internet users and consumers are a tight lot and they need to see the words "FREE MEMBERSHIP" to encourage them in. Perhaps developing some sort of points system as opposed to straight forward money certificates at the site would be best and you could expand the site to link up to other sites which also offer these reward types if you see what I mean. Not an entirely bad idea, just it will be very difficult to get people to part with their cash.
Tue 25/10/05 at 10:28
Regular
Hi, I am doing a little market research for a site i am trying to get my dad to fund but he want some proof that it will work.

The site will be a site that sells Cards and gifts, The differance in it is that people will be able to have a free subscription to the site in which they will have there own account, The account will comprise basically of a yearly callender in which the user can put events in (birthdays, xmas etc..) with the names of the people who they want to send the cards to, The site will send an auto mail 2 days before the event with a link to my site, The site will also have the options to set up all the cards and gifts for the whole year and pay for it there and then, this will mean never forgetting someones birthdays or anniversary's, The site will also have a section on which you would be able to creat your own card and upload a picture to it which will then be printed and sent, There will be a large range of gifts including alcohol, Also company's would be able to arrange us to automatically send out cards and/or gifts to there customers, the site will look very proffesional and i will pay to get it featured highly in all major search engines. The site will also have a range of cards for differant occasions

What do you guys think? would you use this site?

Thanks

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.