GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PE5???"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 24/10/05 at 22:02
Regular
"cases??"
hi there, is it true that pro evolution 5 actually has legit club names and player names too, can anyone verify that for me?? or is it just another little lie to get people to buy it (although it looks brilliant as well)

ross
Thu 27/10/05 at 18:08
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
If it's a country with a lot of big name players, you can just drop the fake ones from the national team and bring in the licensed ones. e.g., if Frank Lampard is given a stupid name like Fink Ramplard, you could just drop him for the licensed Lampard from Chelsea. I assume you can do this in Pro Evo 5, I did it in Pro Evo 4 with Holland, Czech Republic etc.
Wed 26/10/05 at 21:58
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Yeah, Wales and Northern Ireland have always had incorrect names, so that makes sense.

England, though. Meh, dunno why they've got corrections down for them.
Wed 26/10/05 at 20:31
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Wales, for instance, have wrong names, so there are a few teams that aren't 100% correct. But England's were correct to my knowledge.
Tue 25/10/05 at 21:53
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Kawada wrote:
> Sure it's the Pro Evolution guide and not one they did for Winning
> Eleven 9?

Definitely PES5.

Unless they've automatically assumed that names in PES5 will be completely the same as they were in WE9, I can't why they've done that. All I can think of is that the Japanese version has less in the way of licensing and correct names than PES5. Which I have to admit is a very strong possibility.

No-one has mentioned this on PESfan, though, so I just assumed the name corrections they've made are the name corrections required for PES5, rather than for (the seemingly different) WE9.
Tue 25/10/05 at 21:46
Regular
"es argh"
I've got WE9 patched for PS2 which is wonderful.

Doubt many PES5 patches will be made, mind.
Tue 25/10/05 at 21:11
I'm not fussed: PES on PC equates to relatively instantly available patching kthx!
Tue 25/10/05 at 20:58
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Sure it's the Pro Evolution guide and not one they did for Winning Eleven 9?
Tue 25/10/05 at 20:42
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
After looking at it a bit more, it looks like all the Premiership names are correct on their guide, but no other teams seem to have full correct name lists (even licensed teams like in Italy and Holland, as well as the Old Firm).

International teams are full of wrong names as well, even teams like Scotland and England, despite them always having been licensed in the past.

I just fail to see why they've got a guide like this if all the names are correct. Maybe they've somehow got a different version of PES5 to the general public... I don't know.

*shrug*
Tue 25/10/05 at 19:05
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
AfroJoe wrote:
> Surely they can't be wrong, seeing as they're a major PES-related
> help source.
>
> Weird.

It was in response to that. Seems wrong what I said now, so sorry.
Tue 25/10/05 at 17:03
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Forest Fan wrote:
> You've got some attitude problem there AJ.

Aha, wtf was that in response to?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.