GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Best day ever"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 21/10/05 at 14:09
Regular
Pro Evo 5 is out today. My mate will be back at 5 with it. That allows for a few games before Neighbours, and then a lot more after.

I've always been Brazil on PES4, and this time Adriano might not actually be a huge donkey, and there's Baptista and Robinho that I can use instead of Denilson or Ze Roberto. It's good for everyone (me).

Of course, I'll start as Liverpool. And I'm deleting Peter Crouch from the game.
Fri 28/10/05 at 10:26
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Tomm wrote:

> I'm sure about 20-30 started the crawl, but only 6 of us finished it...

Always happens when I go on a crawl. About half the starters are there at the end of the night.
Thu 27/10/05 at 18:09
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
I haven't been to JJ's yet. Might go on Wednesday for whatever they have on. I'm more interested in the games that don't involve English teams, though.
Tue 25/10/05 at 19:14
Regular
"the burning sky"
On a York related note, the YURAS Pub Crawl last night was tremendous, and we may have won a crate of Ale. I'm sure about 20-30 started the crawl, but only 6 of us finished it...
Tue 25/10/05 at 17:47
Regular
Blank wrote:
> Stryke wrote:
> Did you join that awful awful Pro Evo Soc? We had a game with them
> at
> Freshers Fair, and we all beat them. I ran through their whole
> France
> team with Lucio, it was embarrassing.
>
> I couldn't find them! I was told they were going to be there by my
> housemates, because one of them is on the same course as one of the
> people who set up this Pro Evo soc, but I went along to the thing and
> couldn't see them at all. So I signed up for the comedy soc, which I
> was already signed up for anyway. Are there any big Pro Evo events
> planned? I'm up for another tournament, despite the apparent fact
> that I'm gash against real people.

--

I'll play in their tournaments, but they wanted £3 to play Pro Evo. That's all I do anyway. For free. Screw 'em. They weren't funny either. That annoyed me.

--
> I'll be free from about three on Thursday, and Friday afternoon,
> although I'm going home that night. Probably won't be until late
> though, so either day is alright with me.

--

Sort it out. Yeah, whatever. I'm off to watch Crystal Palace vs Zak Whitbread tonight. Haven't seen you at JJ's yet.
Tue 25/10/05 at 00:22
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Also volleying makes a hell of a lot more sense.

No more do I line up what should be an edge-of-the-box wondergoal to find my player feebly heading it into the keeper's arms .
Tue 25/10/05 at 00:15
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
This is growing on me.

After PES4, everyone's going to think "wow, this is really... heavy", and I was no exception, but it encourages you to play more intelligently, and it feels like a far more accurate simulation. Also punishes those who just hold down the sprint button.

What's also impressive is the way they've captured the characteristics of certain players. I was running with Ronaldo and managed to do a flip-flap, cutting inside and then selfishley hammering the ball straight into the keeper. Also managed a few surging midfield runs with Gerrard, and Rooney has an incredibly powerful shot, hitting a hat-trick of screamers in my second game.

Still think that perhaps JT and Lampard are a little underrated though, and Carragher certainly is.
Mon 24/10/05 at 19:54
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Stryke wrote:
> Did you join that awful awful Pro Evo Soc? We had a game with them at
> Freshers Fair, and we all beat them. I ran through their whole France
> team with Lucio, it was embarrassing.

I couldn't find them! I was told they were going to be there by my housemates, because one of them is on the same course as one of the people who set up this Pro Evo soc, but I went along to the thing and couldn't see them at all. So I signed up for the comedy soc, which I was already signed up for anyway. Are there any big Pro Evo events planned? I'm up for another tournament, despite the apparent fact that I'm gash against real people.

> 5)Adriano has FINALLY come good. He's got the best shot in the game.

He was good in the last one, had excellent power but the accuracy wasn't as good. He's a tough player though, so good in the air and harder to muscle off the ball.

> 6)Shooting from outside the box is so much easier. For my first goal
> on the game, it bounced up nicely for Emerson, of all people, who
> powered it from 25+ yards into the top corner past Cech. Nice.

I always found shooting from outside the box pretty easy anyway, really. The trick is to turn to a certain angle as you're running, take one step and then lash it. It's a lot harder with Kaka though, for some reason. I have him in my recent master league, never really played with him before. I gather there's a long range shooting stat in the new one though, so it's all good...er, I think.

> I'm getting used to it. Players seem slower to respond, which was
> annoying, and I'm really irked about the diminishing of Ronaldinho's
> powers. Oh, and Ronaldo's. He's become a donkey. Adriano for ever.

Hmm, disappointing, but then Ronaldo hasn't done anything spectacular for a while. He had a large period of drought last season, didn't win the pichichi, Real didn't win anything, there was no World Cup to show off his talents in, so kind of expected. Good to hear about Joaquin as well. He was good in 4, but I was hoping for better in 5.

I'll be free from about three on Thursday, and Friday afternoon, although I'm going home that night. Probably won't be until late though, so either day is alright with me.
Sun 23/10/05 at 02:45
Regular
down wrote:
> Mascherano is in the Argentina squad.

--

He's a rock, bettered only by the seemingly undefeatable Cambiasso.

My favourite player on the game so far - Joaquin. Jesus, that kid can run.
Sun 23/10/05 at 02:42
Regular
Blank wrote:
>
> Anyway, when are you free for a game? It'll be number 4 if you're
> free this week, but we're both familiar with that anyway.

--

Thursday or Friday would be good. I'm free most of those days, and you can come over to my humble campus abode and get beaten by me on PES4/5. Or I'll come to you.

Did you join that awful awful Pro Evo Soc? We had a game with them at Freshers Fair, and we all beat them. I ran through their whole France team with Lucio, it was embarrassing.

Anyway, thoughts on PES5.

1) Refs are stricter. Tapping X doesn't work so well anymore.
2) Takes a lot more skill to go round players.
3) Kaka is definitely better than Ronaldinho. This is weird. But it's true, I've tested it throughly.
4) Baptista is awful. It's disappointing. Robinho, however, is good at running and skills but has no actual end product. Just like real life. He gets my right wing berth.
5)Adriano has FINALLY come good. He's got the best shot in the game.
6)Shooting from outside the box is so much easier. For my first goal on the game, it bounced up nicely for Emerson, of all people, who powered it from 25+ yards into the top corner past Cech. Nice.

I'm getting used to it. Players seem slower to respond, which was annoying, and I'm really irked about the diminishing of Ronaldinho's powers. Oh, and Ronaldo's. He's become a donkey. Adriano for ever.
Sat 22/10/05 at 23:59
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Then don't go up against him. Running alongside doesn't mean touching him. You're right, if you hustle someone long enough it usually gives a free kick, which is why I now just run along with him, and because they've got the ball to worry about, they're slower. I've been trying a more cautious defensive approach recently though, not running out and trying to win the ball back, but just keeping close to the opposing players without running, so they have no options left. It's working quite well.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.