GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My trip to theTate Modern Tommorrow!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 19/10/05 at 21:17
Regular
"Catch it!"
With art we get to spend two hour's on a coach to get to London with no stop's, and probably lot's of traffric so more like three hour's. Yes how fun for me :D I get to walk round the Tate Modern drawing some of the painting's there and looking about for stuff. Well have to get up at 6.30am to be at school by 7.40am. So a fun day ahead of me so off to bed :(
Thu 20/10/05 at 12:29
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Fact is, people call it art, it becomes art.

Simple.
Thu 20/10/05 at 14:02
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
The annoying thing about art is that anyone can claim to be an artist - how can you judge something when it's all down to the interpretation of the person who did it? It doesn't have to mean anything to anybody else, which is why a lot of "artists" get away with the rubbish they come out with. Tracey Emin? Pah. That tent with the names of people she slept with is the perfect example. Doesn't mean diddly-squat to anyone except her, and required no effort to make. No lifetime spent mastering any creative processes or techniques, just a casual stab at getting attention, and it happened to get noticed.

Modern art is a load of guff and balls.
Thu 20/10/05 at 14:06
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Pandaemonium wrote:
> Giger

That the dude with the fixation with alien genitals?

EDIT: (not suitable for under-18s) [URL]http://www.fred-katrin.de/giger/eroto/eroto.htm[/URL]

*shudders*
Thu 20/10/05 at 15:56
Regular
I got thrown out of the Tate when I sat on a bunch of stuck togethor cabinets on their side. I thought it was a bench but it turned out to be 'modern art'....balls.
Thu 20/10/05 at 15:58
Regular
"gsybe you!"
monkey_man wrote:
> Pandaemonium wrote:
> Giger
>
> That the dude with the fixation with alien genitals?
>
> EDIT: (not suitable for under-18s)
> [URL]http://www.fred-katrin.de/giger/eroto/eroto.htm[/URL]
>
> *shudders*

Didn't he design Alien?
Thu 20/10/05 at 16:31
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
monkey_man wrote:
> That the dude with the fixation with alien genitals?

Yup.

Cycloon wrote:
> Didn't he design Alien?

Yup.
Thu 20/10/05 at 16:32
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Oriental Rib wrote:
> I got thrown out of the Tate when I sat on a bunch of stuck togethor
> cabinets on their side. I thought it was a bench but it turned out to
> be 'modern art'....balls.

How many times have I heard this "story"?

sitting on cabinets, a single chair, people using an ashtray...... I smell Urban Myth.
Thu 20/10/05 at 16:56
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Modern art does nothing for me.

I like all the old greats and such.
Hunterian Art Gallery is great. They had Whistler's Maw there once.
Thu 20/10/05 at 18:16
Regular
"Catch it!"
I had been Tate modern before and Tate britain been there to. Find Tate Britain boring. Tate modern is ok there was on new bit there today a load of boxes which was quite good but strange. But still found it very boring Will scan the stuff on to my Laptop soon what I did today. But the fun thing's today were when we got to go around in a small group first I was with chav's after that I was with my friend's. There were four of us,it was funny because my friend's Jack and paul,went up the Escalator me and my friend Leigh went up the Escalator. But when half way up we see Jack and Paul going down the other Escalator :S So when we got to the top we went down and Ha Paul and Jack came up.

After that we went to the cafe,I left my art book on the table and went to the toilet. When I got back they had gone outside Jack had a Muffin so I nicked a bit of it and it all crumbled on the floor :D

Then after that a pigeon came along I gave him some Muffin, and a bit of Jack's cookie he had dropped on the floor by mistake. Also because I needed to draw a painting from the Tate Modern and hadn't done that yet. I started drawing the pigeon because we had ten minute's till we had to be back. I started drawing the pigeon then we had to and I only drew a line at the top of his head. Then rubbed it out and went back to meet everyone.

So after all it was quite a good day. But boring looking at the paintings with the Chav group I had to go around with and there were only two people like me in the ground who were my friend's Lizzy and Alex.
Thu 20/10/05 at 18:22
Regular
"\\"
That was perhaps the most uninteresting post I have ever bothered to read.

Why? :(

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.