GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Paypal"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 18/10/05 at 22:30
Regular
Basically, I've just received my first payment via Paypal but (this may sound stupid) I'm not sure whether I have it or how I access it.

My item has just sold and in my balance it says I have the correct amount, as paid for by the buyer.

Does that mean I should send the item to him? and, more importantly, will this money now appear in my bank account?

Cheers
Wed 19/10/05 at 20:24
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
tnc wrote:
> I do love all of these little service charges, cutting some of my
> (already small) profits several times over.

Yeah. It's how they make their money, and amass so much to buy Skype.

It's not a charity.
Wed 19/10/05 at 20:21
Regular
I do love all of these little service charges, cutting some of my (already small) profits several times over.

The eBay charge, I assume, comes out of your bank account after each auction? I signed up to pay the bills, such as listing fees and the end VAT, via my bank account...does that mean they take the funds out or do I somehow have to confirm it?
Tue 18/10/05 at 23:01
"High polygon count"
tnc wrote:
> to apparently visit the bank and find out what those donations are,
> when I do I simply right them in on Paypal.

Yep, that's right. That's where online banking comes in very handy! :-)

> I agree with the point of recorded delivery, which I assume will cost
> extra money. The item cost about £20 so I think I'll go with
> recorded delivery.

Recorded Delivery costs 66p and will cover items up to the value of £30, so that will be fine.

> EDITS - And I suppose this 25p for anything under £50 applies
> too then...

Yes, it will cost you 25p to withdraw an amount under £50. That's in addition to PayPal's fee of 3.4% + 20p which they charge you simply for using the service.
Tue 18/10/05 at 22:45
Regular
I've asked Paypal to register my bank account, and they've said the deposit is in my account. The next step in registering my account is to apparently visit the bank and find out what those donations are, when I do I simply right them in on Paypal.

I agree with the point of recorded delivery, which I assume will cost extra money. The item cost about £20 so I think I'll go with recorded delivery.

EDITS - And I suppose this 25p for anything under £50 applies too then...well, it could be worse. What you're saying then is at the moment I'm in financial limbo, as I can only send my money. If I enter the amounts I'll receive the money - got it.
Tue 18/10/05 at 22:42
"High polygon count"
Yes, you should now send the item to the buyer. You should send it by a registered service, though, in order to be covered by PayPal's various protection policies. This means using at least Recorded Delivery; depending on the value of the item, you may want to use Special Delivery instead.

The money is in your PayPal account, but you can only withdraw it to your bank account after you've registered the bank account with them, and this takes a little time to do. You can use the funds to pay other people who accept PayPal, though.

You may want to make sure that they receive the item safely and are happy with it before you spend or withdraw the money, though. Otherwise, they can ask for a refund. If you agree to the refund, you can refund them any way you like, but the easiest way is to refund the money through PayPal.

If you don't agree to refund, they can still re-claim their money via a process known as a Chargeback, but there are special circumstances for this, which it isn't worth going into unless the situation arises.
Tue 18/10/05 at 22:30
Regular
Basically, I've just received my first payment via Paypal but (this may sound stupid) I'm not sure whether I have it or how I access it.

My item has just sold and in my balance it says I have the correct amount, as paid for by the buyer.

Does that mean I should send the item to him? and, more importantly, will this money now appear in my bank account?

Cheers

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.