GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Paypal"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 18/10/05 at 22:30
Regular
Basically, I've just received my first payment via Paypal but (this may sound stupid) I'm not sure whether I have it or how I access it.

My item has just sold and in my balance it says I have the correct amount, as paid for by the buyer.

Does that mean I should send the item to him? and, more importantly, will this money now appear in my bank account?

Cheers
Sat 22/10/05 at 20:16
Regular
Fair enough, so, would the payment be received into your bank account?

My main wonder is simply how you sign up for a NOCHEX account and exactly what it entails.
Fri 21/10/05 at 23:19
"High polygon count"
There's no way to offer NOCHEX directly on eBay like you can with PayPal, you just need to include the logo and/or state that you accept it.
Fri 21/10/05 at 22:46
Regular
In terms of the double pay fault, I'm hoping it hasn't occurred. I think it won't have, though, simply because I haven't confirmed my bank account yet, so they can't actually get the money out.

EDIT - In terms of the Paypal alternatives, any idea how to offer NOCHEX?

Thanks Wookiee :-D
Thu 20/10/05 at 11:13
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:

> No.
>
> If you spend £90 on eBay, you spend £90 on eBay. If you
> made £5 from selling and were paid via PayPal, that £5
> won't come off of your eBay bill. Your eBay and PayPal accounts are
> closely linked, but they are separate balances.

I think i made £5 and i sent the thing but then the £5 sort of disappeared :s

Dont know if i ever got it really!
Wed 19/10/05 at 21:31
"High polygon count"
The Wardy wrote:
> I set up my mums egg card for ebay and i sold something but i spent a
> hell of a lot more. So say i spent £90 and i made £5
> would it basically just knock the £5 off of the £90 and
> leave the bill at £85?

No.

If you spend £90 on eBay, you spend £90 on eBay. If you made £5 from selling and were paid via PayPal, that £5 won't come off of your eBay bill. Your eBay and PayPal accounts are closely linked, but they are separate balances.
Wed 19/10/05 at 21:31
"High polygon count"
tnc wrote:
> At least now I know why sellers don't offer Paypal on cheap items.

You can also offer bank transfer, NOCHEX, MoneyBookers, PayHound, EggPay and a few more.
Wed 19/10/05 at 21:30
"High polygon count"
Pandaemonium wrote:
> It's not a charity.

True, but the eBay fees are becoming a little extortionate. They've upped the Buy It Now fee from a flat-rate 6p, and it now ranges from 5p to 25p depending on the BIN amount. And this for something which disappears as soon as someone bids!

I'm starting to use eBid and QXL a little more now. A listing which cost me 50p on eBay cost just 5p on QXL, and the BIN option is free and doesn't disappear if someone bids.

eBid, of course, is completely free, if you choose the right options.

And yes, they do have less users, but things do sell there. I listed a game on eBay 3 times with no interest. Listed it on QXL on Monday and had a bid within 5 hours.
Wed 19/10/05 at 21:30
"High polygon count"
tnc wrote:
> The eBay charge, I assume, comes out of your bank account after each
> auction?

You'll get an invoice from them once a month, either in the middle or towards the end - they have two billing cycles, and which one you're on depends on when you signed up. You can have a credit card and a bank account registered, and it will be deducted from one or the other automatically, according to your billing cycle.

You can also pay your eBay account from the funds within your PayPal account if you prefer, but be careful with this. The deduction from your bank account/credit card will usually be initiated a few days before it shows on your account. What can happen is that they start the process, you pay via PayPal, and then the payment appears on your bank or card statement... so in effect, you pay twice. This has happened to me once in the three years I've been using eBay. You can claim the money back, or you can leave it as it just puts your eBay account into credit. As mine was only for a small-ish amount, I left it.
Wed 19/10/05 at 20:49
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
I set up my mums egg card for ebay and i sold something but i spent a hell of a lot more. So say i spent £90 and i made £5 would it basically just knock the £5 off of the £90 and leave the bill at £85?
Wed 19/10/05 at 20:28
Regular
I realise, but, when you first start selling you really start to see that they're cutting little margins out everywhere, rather than a listing fee and one-off VAT per product.

The cut is still relatively small, and on things that I sell for over £10 it doesn't bother me, but, on some of the smaller items I'm selling it basically reduces the cost considerably.

At least now I know why sellers don't offer Paypal on cheap items.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.