GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ultimate Foggers Quiz - Round 3 - Classic Games."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 08/06/01 at 16:48
Regular
Obviously, if you want to be a true futureofgaminger, then you'll have to know about the past of gaming. POG.

So here are ten questions about classic games. There may be more rounds of classic games...

1) Which way did you have to turn the radio tuner to get Magical Sound Shower in Outrun? (Extra 2 points for the actual frequency.)

2) Still with Outrun, what were the other Songs called?

3) In Exploding Fist +, (The three way fighting one, in the street.) what did you do in the bonus game?

4) Why couldn’t anyone complete Jet Set Willy? (Extra marks for better details.)

5) Who was Dizzy’s nemesis?

6) What was the name of the History teacher in Skool Daze?

7) The first recorded computer game ever made was called what?

8) Alright smartarse, but what was it played on?

9) What sort of genre was the Giana Sisters? Why are they remembered in gaming history?

10) If George likes women in red dresses, what does Lizzy like? Nothing to do with rabbits.

Good luck.
Sat 09/06/01 at 15:34
1) You had to turn it left. Frequency was 69.2 (I did NOT copy pb for that answer, or any of the others)
2) 2 other main songs - Passing Breeze, and Splash Wave
3) You're giving a point for this anyway. Not that I'd have known it.
4) The main one was a caterpilar monster in The Attic caused a bug which corrupted other rooms, including We Must Perform a Quirkafleeg, the East Kitchen, The Bridge and The Tool Shed, and made it impossible to make the return journey.
5) Evil wizard Zaks
6) Albert? There's an Albert in the game somwhere I think....
7) Spacewar
8) Spacewar originally ran on a PDP-1 computer the size of a large car
9) Platformer, often compared to mario. Especially by Nintendo. In a courtroom.
10) erm... does Lizzy also like women in red dresses? Is this a reference to Rampage, where George, Ralph and Lizzy eat people?
Sat 09/06/01 at 13:39
Regular
Don't answer it then, but I can't exactly tell people not to look on the web for answers.

Anyway, the questions would be a bit pointless if everyone could get 10 out of 10. I try and write them so it's extremely hard to get 5. I've given you all one point for the third question, because I really messed it up.

Come on then er-no, where are your answers? :0)
Sat 09/06/01 at 13:36
Regular
"everyone says it"
Yes but I would prefer to know the answer instead of finding it...

hardest sum in the world: women!
Sat 09/06/01 at 13:31
Regular
Well, I doubt many people have the arcade version of Outrun in their attic, somehow. Still though, there are many ways of finding out.
Sat 09/06/01 at 13:14
Regular
"everyone says it"
Grix, trust you to want the version I don't have!
Sat 09/06/01 at 13:04
Regular
I better point out I'm refering to the Sega Arcade version of Outrun... I forgot there were thousands of other versions...

Ok, question 3 is causing a lot of confusion... so I'll give you the answer I found anyway.

The first bonus game on it was when you had to throw darts at ninjas.
Sat 09/06/01 at 10:53
"possibly impossible"
1) Right, 69.2 I believe

2) Step on beat, Splash wave and Passing breeze.

3) I think the first bonus stage was dodging balls!

4) There was a bug when you got to the attic screen that made you die everytime.

5) Don't know, the great yolk?!

6) um..later...

7) Spacewar

8) some kind of massive machine made by DEC.

9) Platform, and they were remembered for the lawsuit that Nintendo made about the game being too similar to Mario.

10) I have not a clue at the moment...

Good luck.
Sat 09/06/01 at 00:55
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Stuff this for a bunch of bananas!
Fri 08/06/01 at 23:42
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
No, it is round 3. That was the bell. Lame, I know. Well I'm tired.

:)
Fri 08/06/01 at 23:39
Regular
"everyone says it"
The_Vottanator wrote:
> ding, ding

'Hello?'

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.