GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Quake appeal"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 13/10/05 at 13:06
Regular
The DEC is asking for donations for the recent earthquake - which is fair enough. But what happened to all the money that was donated for the Tsunami? They said at the beginning of the year that they had too much money for that. Can't they use some for the earthquake?
Thu 13/10/05 at 13:06
Regular
The DEC is asking for donations for the recent earthquake - which is fair enough. But what happened to all the money that was donated for the Tsunami? They said at the beginning of the year that they had too much money for that. Can't they use some for the earthquake?
Thu 13/10/05 at 17:18
No, it'll stil be used for the areas affected by the tsunami. THeir buildings aren't going to magically reappear because the news crews have moved elsewhere, as much as we'd like to think.
Thu 13/10/05 at 17:25
Regular
"SOUP!"
Yeah, bloody Journalists. Taking easter away from Jesus...

I think it's because it's seperate funds. People who donated to the Tsunami may not support giving money to the quake victims. I think it could be portrayed as some kind of fraud - taking money for one think and using it for another. Silly and petty as it is they probably just don't want to get in trouble.
Thu 13/10/05 at 17:28
Regular
I reckon you're probably right, it just seems a bit weird is all. If the money is there, then just use it.
Thu 13/10/05 at 18:14
Regular
What happened to the Doom appeal?

Sorry.
Thu 13/10/05 at 18:55
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
Dringo, that's just harsh, man.
Thu 13/10/05 at 19:18
"slightlyshortertagl"
I think it's illegal for a charity to divert funds (that have been specifically donated for the tsunami-aid-thingy) to another project (earthquake). Although I heard that there was talk for changing that after so much money came in for the tsunami. Don't know if it actually changed, though.
Thu 13/10/05 at 19:35
Regular
"8==="
Dringo wrote:
> What happened to the Doom appeal?

It got spent on barn fire prevention upgrades: [URL]http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/8246/firealarm5mi.png[/URL]
Thu 13/10/05 at 21:05
Regular
Why is the D so small?
Thu 13/10/05 at 21:18
Regular
"8==="
I originally designed it to be used when a certain Beatle started singing.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.