GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Freeola Broadband - 2 Mb - £9.99 per month!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 12/10/05 at 13:37
Regular
"Fruit makes you far"
Outrageous broadband offer...

2 Mb Broadband - £9.99 per month with unlimited free web space, e-mail, customer support and more.

[URL]http://freeola.com/broadband[/URL]
Wed 19/10/05 at 08:59
Regular
OKay first the question of if you start a download before, no this does not work like a telephone call and any data transfered after 10pm will go towards your off peak usage.

As for seeing the data usage of an uncapped connection unfortunatly we are unable to get this at present although we have been talking to our technical partners to see if we can find out. Just have to wait and see what they can do.
Wed 19/10/05 at 00:24
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Hmmm... wrote:
> I'm currently paying £24.99 for the Freeola uncapped 512 service

Hmm, you could pay less for uncapped 2mb.
Tue 18/10/05 at 17:57
"Are you sure?"
I'm currently paying £24.99 for the Freeola uncapped 512 service, how can I see if I'm better off switching to another (faster) package ?

i.e. Am I able to look at my monthly usage ?

Thanks.
Tue 18/10/05 at 16:56
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Bob wrote:
> Now you'd have to completely max out your line to use more then 300
> gigs outside thouse hours.

(staff)
A bit of clarification if you please?

If you start a download peak, say at 8pm, after 10pm does the download swap into non download time?

Confusing I know, but I like the sound of this offer and might migrate.

(none staff)
Has anyone experienced any problems with Freeola? My BT yahoo is rock solid.
Tue 18/10/05 at 16:48
Regular
The 30/300 Cap level works like so:

Between the hours of 8AM and 10PM Monday to Friday you can use 30 gigs a month.

Outside thouse hours, including any time at the weekends you can use 300 gigs.

Now you'd have to completely max out your line to use more then 300 gigs outside thouse hours.
Mon 17/10/05 at 21:01
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
Torquay United! wrote:
> I don't doubt you - there are some companies out there with very deep
> pockets. We decided a long-time ago that it might be good business
> sense to make a tiny profit each month.
>
> Remember that we have a 300 GB (30 GB PEAK) 2 Mb offer at
> £14.99 for first three months (£24.99 thereafter). That
> is **practically** uncapped unless you have p2p'itis.
>
> Regards,
> Danny

Actually even with the 30GB peak-time cap, thats quite a good deal...

Promote that instead ;-)

Hmm...
Mon 17/10/05 at 11:30
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
It probably means that you can download up to 30gb a month at peak times but if you download off peak (usually 1-8am depending on ISP) you can download as much as 300gb a month.
Sun 16/10/05 at 11:53
Regular
"Captain to you."
I have to say the most attractive thing about going with them would be the unlimited website space, i at the moment have a crappy 20mb site thats free but if i had a unlimited one i wouldn't have to compress all my videos so damn much.

Torquay United!could you explain the '300 GB (30 GB PEAK)' comment please. So is that 300GB limit for the month? wheres the 30GB come in and what do you mean by peak? when's peak time?
Sun 16/10/05 at 11:24
Regular
what's wrong with p2p? Arent you able to download movies and tv shows legally already? Aren't people going to be downloading shows to their Video Ipods? Isnt the BBC preparing it's MyBBCPlayer where you can download their shows (from the previous 8 days) legally?

What's sucks is ISP don't realise that soon we're going to be downloading a hell of a lot more, so their crappy 1GB or 3 GB or even 15GB packages are going to be useless.

Especially with these new consoles coming out that'll eat up even more, not to mention the success of Skype where people will now use digital phones connected to their computer through a USB instead of using their BT line. eBay will make sure that service is heavily promoted.

MyBBCPlayer uses p2p technology, 30 minute shows will be about 112MB. Hopefully people will take it up and get their moneys worth out of the BBC and the license they pay for it.

In my house we have 2 PCs at the moment, my younger brother wants one too, we will be getting the PS3 and the Xbox 360 and no doubt be using them on the internet as well. We're only just starting to use Skype and I'm going to buy one of those USB phones.
Sat 15/10/05 at 17:38
Regular
"Fruit makes you far"
I don't doubt you - there are some companies out there with very deep pockets. We decided a long-time ago that it might be good business sense to make a tiny profit each month.

Remember that we have a 300 GB (30 GB PEAK) 2 Mb offer at £14.99 for first three months (£24.99 thereafter). That is **practically** uncapped unless you have p2p'itis.

Regards,
Danny

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.