GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A slap in the face from the BBC..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 11/10/05 at 08:53
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
[URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/tv_and_radio/4328514.stm[/URL]

£150 a year, for a channel that hardly puts out any quality programming. Fantastic.
Thu 13/10/05 at 18:57
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
Bang. Bang. Bang.

(long pause)

Bang.
Thu 13/10/05 at 18:04
Regular
"\\"
munn wrote:
> We don't even have BBC 3/4.
>
> Which is annoying, because they were showing Cream playin
> "live" at the Albert Hall (As in, they were playing at the
> Albert Hall, but not at the same time as you were watching it), and I
> wanted to watch it.

Watching a 70 year old do such a drum solo really is amazing.
Thu 13/10/05 at 17:57
Regular
Well you'll have to go digital at some point, why not now?
Thu 13/10/05 at 12:54
Regular
We don't even have BBC 3/4.

Which is annoying, because they were showing Cream playin "live" at the Albert Hall (As in, they were playing at the Albert Hall, but not at the same time as you were watching it), and I wanted to watch it.

We'll be paying (by "we", I mean my dad) 150 quid a year, for two channels.

Hurrah.
Thu 13/10/05 at 01:40
Regular
"Bad Wolf; England"
Cycloon wrote:
> I wouldn't say all of the BBC sucks. Just BBC1. Their main channel,
> which is dire.
>
> Great.
>
> But yeah, lotsa money.
>
> But 2/3/4 have good stuff.

You weren't watching BBC1 on 26/3/2005, 7pm!
Thu 13/10/05 at 00:45
Regular
"8==="
I'm surprised people can fool companies into advertising on music channels. They have to be one of the most flipped around set of channels available.

Not a song I like: *Changes*

No music/some garbage promotion/competition? *Changes to another music channel*

Adverts? **** no! *Changes*

Personally I put the music channels on when there's adverts on inbetween the program I'm watching - so why would I want to watch more adverts if I'm trying to get away from them?

The only people who should watch the ads are those who've paid for a track and are waiting for it to come on but then they're daft in the first place. :D
Thu 13/10/05 at 00:40
Regular
I was watching the Snooker GP on Eurosport earlier, and the adverts got on my nips soooo much (rage.. building...)
As they do with the music channels. NO, I DON'T WANT A F***ING RINGTONE

Compared to that crap, uninterrupted BBC coverage is heaven.

They put adverts on so loud too, compared to the line volume of the programs, you have to turn the tv down when they come on.

I truely loathe them. I really do. The thing is, my flatmate had a £35/month package on the go before I moved in, and wants me to pay half of it. It's all complete s***. Every channel. And anything that would be worth watching is ruined by loud, offensive adverts, which come on every 10 minutes.
Wed 12/10/05 at 23:11
Regular
"8==="
Are they making a fifth series?
Wed 12/10/05 at 23:09
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
The only thing I watch religiously is The Shield, although that's on FX channel on cable.
Wed 12/10/05 at 23:03
Regular
"She's a dog!"
RoJ wrote:
> 5 is rubbish.

Oh you're so wrong. 5 is one of the best channels.

CSI, The Shield, Law and Order, House, Alias

The only reason you probably dislike it is because you've seen everything on Sky beforehand. For people like me who only have terrestrial...its one of the best channels.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.