GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"KUF: Heroes Online Virginity Lost !"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 10/10/05 at 02:11
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Well I just had my first online battle - a 2vs2. ;-) Couldn't ask for a much better start. Made my basic troops up and decided to go for it. Got into a lobby that was showing a decent speed and I was up against a couple of Brit blokes that had had a few games together against people. I waited for a team mate to show up and an American kid comes in who hasn't played the game online before either.

So seeing as they've had a few games, the opponents obviously had better troops than me in terms of upgrading. To add to it, the kid with me didn't think to look in the troop section of the lobby and only had his main hero unit. So not only am I facing 2 superior armies, my ally only has one bloody troop on the field !

Both sides end up opting for a defensive tactic of using sappers to make traps. Then it was a game of cat and mouse, trying to lure eachother into the traps. I managed to find a little gap they'd left though and I'm pretty handy with Orc Riders. ;-)

I managed to pummel the hell outta them before they had enough traps up to force me to stop. Then it was a pretty long game of cat and mouse again - although I had the kid in my ear - "lets go attack them ! I wanna attack them ! lets just go attack them !" To make him happy (and shut him up) we did and got quite a beating from the traps and stuff. So we pulled back to our traps.

Now by this time, I think the guys had worked out that my first time squad was worn down a bit and that the kid only had one unit - so they started getting a bit more daring. Their archers outranged mine, but they seemed a bit slow at moving units when they had to deal with a number of them - so I managed to lead one of their main heroes into my traps. Me and the kid jumped him and I beat the snot out of the guy. Thats Leinhart out. Plus the other guys main Hero Regnier also took quite a beating - but he managed to pull back and escape).

By the time that battle ended though, my poor Orc Riders were no more (they got caught by traps during the huge fight) and I'd also lost my sappers. The kid got impatient again, legged it down the hill and straight into a load of spike traps. Now its down to 1 on 1.

Using a Scout while the kid was keeping him busy (amusing him by stupidly running at his traps), I seperated Morene from the rabble of meager leftover units I had sitting in my traps (she still had practically full life) and got her to travel up north, then hug the right hand side till I got roughly level to where the gits army were. All he had left by this time was a spit of life left in his main hero unit and a few sappers. He didn't think to protect his back - and with him messing around trying to bait my "full army" out of my traps with his sappers, he didn't even notice my scout sitting right near his hero.

I storm in with Morene and beat the shat outta him ! Game over ! Wait, oh, maybe not - turns out you have to kill all the players units online (in single player, the comp only has to beat your hero and you're defeated). From here it was a drawn out cat and mouse thing again. But soon he made a mistake and I jumped his sappers and reduced them to their component molecules.

Me and Morene get our first match resulting in a win, even though I had to babysit the kid with his hero Ellen. He weren't bad as far as Yank kids go though. At least he wasn't a trashtalking mong. He might be a bit more of an ally if he actually fields his army next time. ;-)

So yeah, yay me. Get practising Hedfix - I need an ally to team up with. ;-)
Mon 10/10/05 at 02:11
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Well I just had my first online battle - a 2vs2. ;-) Couldn't ask for a much better start. Made my basic troops up and decided to go for it. Got into a lobby that was showing a decent speed and I was up against a couple of Brit blokes that had had a few games together against people. I waited for a team mate to show up and an American kid comes in who hasn't played the game online before either.

So seeing as they've had a few games, the opponents obviously had better troops than me in terms of upgrading. To add to it, the kid with me didn't think to look in the troop section of the lobby and only had his main hero unit. So not only am I facing 2 superior armies, my ally only has one bloody troop on the field !

Both sides end up opting for a defensive tactic of using sappers to make traps. Then it was a game of cat and mouse, trying to lure eachother into the traps. I managed to find a little gap they'd left though and I'm pretty handy with Orc Riders. ;-)

I managed to pummel the hell outta them before they had enough traps up to force me to stop. Then it was a pretty long game of cat and mouse again - although I had the kid in my ear - "lets go attack them ! I wanna attack them ! lets just go attack them !" To make him happy (and shut him up) we did and got quite a beating from the traps and stuff. So we pulled back to our traps.

Now by this time, I think the guys had worked out that my first time squad was worn down a bit and that the kid only had one unit - so they started getting a bit more daring. Their archers outranged mine, but they seemed a bit slow at moving units when they had to deal with a number of them - so I managed to lead one of their main heroes into my traps. Me and the kid jumped him and I beat the snot out of the guy. Thats Leinhart out. Plus the other guys main Hero Regnier also took quite a beating - but he managed to pull back and escape).

By the time that battle ended though, my poor Orc Riders were no more (they got caught by traps during the huge fight) and I'd also lost my sappers. The kid got impatient again, legged it down the hill and straight into a load of spike traps. Now its down to 1 on 1.

Using a Scout while the kid was keeping him busy (amusing him by stupidly running at his traps), I seperated Morene from the rabble of meager leftover units I had sitting in my traps (she still had practically full life) and got her to travel up north, then hug the right hand side till I got roughly level to where the gits army were. All he had left by this time was a spit of life left in his main hero unit and a few sappers. He didn't think to protect his back - and with him messing around trying to bait my "full army" out of my traps with his sappers, he didn't even notice my scout sitting right near his hero.

I storm in with Morene and beat the shat outta him ! Game over ! Wait, oh, maybe not - turns out you have to kill all the players units online (in single player, the comp only has to beat your hero and you're defeated). From here it was a drawn out cat and mouse thing again. But soon he made a mistake and I jumped his sappers and reduced them to their component molecules.

Me and Morene get our first match resulting in a win, even though I had to babysit the kid with his hero Ellen. He weren't bad as far as Yank kids go though. At least he wasn't a trashtalking mong. He might be a bit more of an ally if he actually fields his army next time. ;-)

So yeah, yay me. Get practising Hedfix - I need an ally to team up with. ;-)
Mon 10/10/05 at 08:26
Regular
Hmm, I may buy this if the online tactics are all strategy. Sounds fun,drawen out and time wasting.
Mon 10/10/05 at 08:34
Regular
"Gamertag = Chavex"
Sounds good!
Mon 10/10/05 at 11:27
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Its definatly all about strategy. Overall, you could win battles without ever really using your Hero unit. Sappers are great cause they can build traps to protect you and start forest fires to burn the enemy troops. ;-)

Both Dark Legion and Human forces have their strong points and you can have a mixed team of both types online, cause I was Morene (Dark Legion), while that Yank kid was Ellen (Human).

You can get other advantages such as having your archers taking the highground, attacking with the sun at your back, etc. Because of the lag you sometimes get, its not always great to use your Hero anyway cause of the delay. So using your other units tends to be better. :-)

I think the servers are in Korea which would explain the lag. If not for that sometimes hindering the fighting with your hero, this would easily be the best game on Live for me.
Mon 10/10/05 at 11:32
Regular
Got a new GT by the way.

MushroomHeadJoe
Mon 10/10/05 at 13:16
Regular
"8==="
Hopefully SR will get round to sending me the game, which they do have in stock.

Me wants. :(
Mon 10/10/05 at 13:54
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Added you Rib. ;-) So I guess I should delete your old one. ;-)

Anyone who plays this online will be using hit and run tactics - especially when starting out. To get a clear picture of a beginner battlefield, just watch Monty Python's Holy Grail.

Seriously, the whole fight is a case of shouting "CHAAAAARGE !!!" then 30 seconds into the fight shouting "RUN AWAY !" ;-)
Mon 10/10/05 at 15:52
Regular
Oriental Rib wrote:
> Got a new GT by the way.
>
> MushroomHeadJoe

Did you tell them your original name was racist in Bolivia?
Mon 10/10/05 at 18:36
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Now dancing on 3 wins. :-) Went up against a German and an American in a 1 vs 1 vs 1 match. The German finished off the American and then after a long fight I beat the German.

After that the German guy wanted to team up with me in a 2 vs 2 match. We went up against a couple of American guys, frustrated them with hit and run tactics and they steamed right into a shedload of traps. ;-)

Used my well earned EXP points to build some Axemen and I've also nearly built up a unit enough to create my Swamp Mammoth ! Woohoo !

Oh and theres a limit to how much you can build up units before they can't be used anymore in the 1000 point games. Obviously to stop people taking in Mammoths and stuff. I have to choose between my archers or my orc riders. :-(

Oh well, I'm doing well so I'm happy. :-)
Mon 10/10/05 at 18:42
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Did you tell them your original name was racist in Bolivia?

Heh, :) Nah my mate who has no BB got a starter kit with his Xbox so I just grabbed another year from that.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.