GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What Phone Have You Got?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 09/10/05 at 13:38
Regular
"~DPG~"
Would everyone write their mobile phone in here (providing you have one)... I can't remember the exact figures, but it's predicted most phones will have a camera in the year 2010 and most people will have a 3G mobile in 2015. Anyway, my birthday is next sunday , i will own a Nokia 6630...you?
Tue 11/10/05 at 14:34
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
I have Nokia 7600
Tue 11/10/05 at 07:48
Regular
Chr1s wrote:
> I agree that it is nice to have them and everything, but that doesn't
> change the fact that the cameras on phones are largely crap.
>
> I have to turn the video up to maximum quality on my phone to make it
> just about watchable, and then of course it eats the memory like the
> pig bast of a phone that it is.

Mine has a two megapixel camera.
The still shots are fantastic (You can zoom in quite far and it'll still be crystal clear).
The video is largely rubbish though, but it's still bearable.

As for memory, I shoved a 256MB memory card in it, but that was so I could put MP3s on it.
Tue 11/10/05 at 03:03
Regular
i've got a samsung e315. she'll do. takes nice pics anyways. i beginning to think that one day soon enough, cell phones will be like those disposable cameras. that'll be cool. it'll be similar to a pay phone, but well..sterile. heh. you can pick up a phone at your nearest kiosk and toss it when your done, recycle it for a few coins, or put more minutes on it and keep it in your glove box! yay! i'm so clever..
Tue 11/10/05 at 02:51
Regular
"8==="
Oriental Rib wrote:
> I have a Nokia 3210. The best nokia ever made....no really.

This is what I have except it has an 'e' after the number for 'excellent'.
Tue 11/10/05 at 02:44
Regular
"Balls"
The Sony Ericsson K750i is my weapon of choice, 2.0 megapixel camera, video, MP3, god know what else is on there, came free with a bluetooth dongal (bluetooth for your computer), the best case available (I know this as I sell them) and a 256MB pro duo card.
Tue 11/10/05 at 02:17
Regular
"...y'crazy fool!"
I own a Motorola V620. Is fairly new and plays MP3's, takes pictures, movies etc.

Can't say I'm all that satisfied with it though despite all of the above. It's my first flip phone and the spring on it doesn't open as rigidly as it used to.
Tue 11/10/05 at 00:16
Regular
"The definitive tag"
I agree that it is nice to have them and everything, but that doesn't change the fact that the cameras on phones are largely crap.

I have to turn the video up to maximum quality on my phone to make it just about watchable, and then of course it eats the memory like the pig bast of a phone that it is.
Mon 10/10/05 at 23:12
Regular
Azul luvs u wrote:
> If I want video I'll buy a camcorder or a digital camera.
> If I want photos I'll buy a camera.

But neither of those makes phone calls.

"But oh, mobile phones don't need to have all this camera malarky"
You're right, but it's still better to have them rather than not to have them.

I mean, my dads camcorder takes photos, but that's not what camcorders are supposed to do, it's an added extra, like on telephones.

Can you imagine sending a picture you've just taken to someone halfway across the world within seconds with a regular camera?
Or how about videoing something which you don't see ever day (can't think of an example because I don't see things which you don't see every day all that often).

Not many people carry a camera or a camcorder around with them, but it's more than likely that someone with a mobile phone carries it around with them, so they'll be more likely to catch these things.

There's the cost of them, but once you have it, you don't need to worry about it.
Mon 10/10/05 at 22:50
Regular
"..."
Sony Ericsson K608i...and very nice it is too. A freebie from a supplier who was overly keen to supply us with mobile phones.
Mon 10/10/05 at 22:46
Regular
"Not a Jew"
3310. Best ever. I could buy a new one, but theres no point. Only thing I don't like about 3310 is small inbox capacity. That's it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.