GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"No chance"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 06/10/05 at 12:17
Regular
[URL]http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=313621&CPID=23&clid=&lid=2&title=Rafa+denies+fresh+Joaquin+claims[/URL]

'Pool once again linked with Joaquin, which Rafa denies. Obviously - he's far too good to play for us.

Joaquin is amazing. One of the best right-wingers around, I'd say. Which is what we need. But what, exactly is the incentive in coming to a team as blatantly lacking as us? I hate to say it, but we're not good enough for Joaquin. The man should be at Milan, Chelsea, Real, Barca. I'd like him to go to Barca, but they probably don't need him, what with Giuly and Ezquerro. Real could use him as Beckham's successor, I guess, and when was the last time Milan actually had a proper winger?

Or, he could always stay at Betis. A team on the up with quality players like Assuncao and Xisco knocking about.

So here's the question: Where should Joaquin go? Because he sure as hell isn't coming to Liverpool.
Thu 06/10/05 at 19:55
Regular
"Green & White Army"
Yeah to be fair to Rafa he did say he would not pay double for Owen after selling him for £8m.
Thu 06/10/05 at 20:06
Regular
His own fault for selling him. And yes, "he wanted to go". But does anyone actually believe Rafa tried to keep him? No, because he doesn't fit in with the system.

(For doesn't fit in with the system, read not tall, slow and crap. The Djib and Milan are guilty of this crime too).
Thu 06/10/05 at 20:18
Regular
The fact is Owen and Crouch up front would be a killer partnership.

Shame Rafa is too Josefied to realise it... but with a squad well below the level of Chelsea.
Thu 06/10/05 at 20:25
Regular
"Colourless"
I think Freddie Ljungberg was a lot better in central midfield...
Thu 06/10/05 at 20:29
Regular
Dringo wrote:
> The fact is Owen and Crouch up front would be a killer partnership.

--

Why, because Owen played so badly with Fowler?

--

> Shame Rafa is too Josefied to realise it... but with a squad well
> below the level of Chelsea.

--

No, why do poeple think Chelsea and Liverpool play the same formation? Chelsea play 4-3-3. Duff/Robben/SWP/Joe Cole operate as true wing-forwards. Liverpool, on the other hand, play 4-5-1. Garcia/Zenden/Riise operate as midfielders. Chelsea can counter-attack with speed and can hurt you from out wide. Liverpool can punt it up for Crouch to lose.
Thu 06/10/05 at 20:30
Regular
Colourless wrote:
> I think Freddie Ljungberg was a lot better in central midfield...

--

He's done brilliantly for Arsenal over the last few seasons from out wide. Scored goals a-plenty and made more than I can remember.
Thu 06/10/05 at 20:34
Regular
"Colourless"
He's still good, but not as instrumental as he used to be....
Fri 07/10/05 at 01:02
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Stryke wrote:
> Joaquin, Ronaldo, Guily, Ljungberg...Who am I missing? Out of the
> 'big' right-wingers?
>
> I don't include Beckham. He's not as good as any of them. Or
> Cammeronasi (sp? I don't care).

1. It's Giuly, you swine.

2. Beckham isn't a winger.

3. Beckham is, while direct comparisons would be silly, probably more of an asset than any of the above.

---

Joaquin was expected to go to Real, in fact he even supports Real Madrid, but Luxemburgo doesn't use wingers in the traditional sense. Plus he'd hardly ever play with the amount of very good midfielders in the team. I'm glad he stayed with Betis, although I'm suprised Liverpool didn't go for him, he seems to be exactly the type of player they're looking for. I was about to create a topic asking why they didn't get him when this news story came up.
Fri 07/10/05 at 01:11
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
When I read this today, I was a bit surprised. He's Spanish and plays in Spain, which would immediately put him on Rafa's shopping list. Obviously, as you say, he's too good.

I reckon Bolton will probably snap him up for a few pence.
Fri 07/10/05 at 12:07
Regular
Blank wrote:
> Stryke wrote:
> Joaquin, Ronaldo, Guily, Ljungberg...Who am I missing? Out of the
> 'big' right-wingers?
>
> I don't include Beckham. He's not as good as any of them. Or
> Cammeronasi (sp? I don't care).
>
> 1. It's Giuly, you swine.

--

For the last time, I care less about that than I care about you. And I hate you. Hohoho.

--
>
> 2. Beckham isn't a winger.

--

Yes he is. Whenever he tries to ponce about in central midfield it ends up badly.

--
>
> 3. Beckham is, while direct comparisons would be silly, probably more
> of an asset than any of the above.

--

Certainly not. People who can do a good long pass and take a free kick - plentiful. People who can go past their man, create and score goals from out wide with their running play - not so plentiful

--
>
> Joaquin was expected to go to Real, in fact he even supports Real
> Madrid, but Luxemburgo doesn't use wingers in the traditional sense.
> Plus he'd hardly ever play with the amount of very good midfielders
> in the team.

--

Joaquin would easily make it in the Real team if they ever get a coach who can pick a team for non-marketing purposes.

--

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.