GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"No chance"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 06/10/05 at 12:17
Regular
[URL]http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=313621&CPID=23&clid=&lid=2&title=Rafa+denies+fresh+Joaquin+claims[/URL]

'Pool once again linked with Joaquin, which Rafa denies. Obviously - he's far too good to play for us.

Joaquin is amazing. One of the best right-wingers around, I'd say. Which is what we need. But what, exactly is the incentive in coming to a team as blatantly lacking as us? I hate to say it, but we're not good enough for Joaquin. The man should be at Milan, Chelsea, Real, Barca. I'd like him to go to Barca, but they probably don't need him, what with Giuly and Ezquerro. Real could use him as Beckham's successor, I guess, and when was the last time Milan actually had a proper winger?

Or, he could always stay at Betis. A team on the up with quality players like Assuncao and Xisco knocking about.

So here's the question: Where should Joaquin go? Because he sure as hell isn't coming to Liverpool.
Thu 06/10/05 at 12:17
Regular
[URL]http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=313621&CPID=23&clid=&lid=2&title=Rafa+denies+fresh+Joaquin+claims[/URL]

'Pool once again linked with Joaquin, which Rafa denies. Obviously - he's far too good to play for us.

Joaquin is amazing. One of the best right-wingers around, I'd say. Which is what we need. But what, exactly is the incentive in coming to a team as blatantly lacking as us? I hate to say it, but we're not good enough for Joaquin. The man should be at Milan, Chelsea, Real, Barca. I'd like him to go to Barca, but they probably don't need him, what with Giuly and Ezquerro. Real could use him as Beckham's successor, I guess, and when was the last time Milan actually had a proper winger?

Or, he could always stay at Betis. A team on the up with quality players like Assuncao and Xisco knocking about.

So here's the question: Where should Joaquin go? Because he sure as hell isn't coming to Liverpool.
Thu 06/10/05 at 12:33
Regular
I would have thought he will be off to either Chelsea or Real, although would love to see him a Utd shirt.
Thu 06/10/05 at 15:18
Regular
"Baros!!!"
Stryke wrote:
> [URL]http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=313621&CPID=23&clid=&lid=2&title=Rafa+denies+fresh+Joaquin+claims[/URL]
>
> 'Pool once again linked with Joaquin, which Rafa denies. Obviously -
> he's far too good to play for us.

What European champions?

I think Rafa is right to go after players like that. You need players like him to challenge the top 3. If you hadn't won the champs league last year then fair enough.
Thu 06/10/05 at 16:16
Regular
Yes, he would be right to have gone after players of his quality...in the summer. After all his chest-thumping and 'We can attract the big players now we're champions' what did we get?

Zenden on a free. Sissoko, when we've got quality midfielders by the bucketload. £7m on Peter Crouch - on a drought since May, I read yesterday - a complete waste. And some other wastrels.

The big players? Figo chose Inter Milan, and we couldn't afford Michael Owen.

Awesome!

Rafa says he's not interested in Joaquin. Why wouldn't he be interested? He's the best right-winger in Europe, and that's where we desperately need someone. He's not interested because he knows he couldn't get him.

Oh, and another thing. Say we got him - how much would he cost? Certainly as much as Mikey went to Newcastle for. And we offered £12m for Simao.

This 'we couldn't afford Mikey' line that Rafa chants like a mantra is bullcrap because he was scared of the fans reaction if he told the truth.
Thu 06/10/05 at 16:26
I wouldn't say he's the best in Europe, on his day, then maybe, but he's very inconsistent.

When he doesn't get the ball, he's nothing more than a spectator

I'd put Ronaldo above him, but I can't think of any others really.

There really aren't that many quality right wingers at the moment, anyway, those two are the best by default.
Thu 06/10/05 at 16:42
"LOLLERSKATES!"
Joaquin > ronaldo
Thu 06/10/05 at 17:47
Regular
Joaquin, Ronaldo, Guily, Ljungberg...Who am I missing? Out of the 'big' right-wingers?

I don't include Beckham. He's not as good as any of them. Or Cammeronasi (sp? I don't care).
Thu 06/10/05 at 17:48
Simao? SWP, the other Chelsea ones?
Thu 06/10/05 at 17:51
Regular
Simao's more of a forward, SWP isn't on a par with those I named. I think, anyway.

The other Chelsea ones are left-wingers, anyway. Except Joe Cole, who doesn't really seem to have a position.

Edit: I am, of course, forgetting Figo. Duh.
Thu 06/10/05 at 18:31
Regular
Stryke wrote:

> This 'we couldn't afford Mikey' line that Rafa chants like a mantra
> is bullcrap because he was scared of the fans reaction if he told the
> truth.

Isn't it 'we're not paying double"

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.