GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"No chance"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 06/10/05 at 12:17
Regular
[URL]http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=313621&CPID=23&clid=&lid=2&title=Rafa+denies+fresh+Joaquin+claims[/URL]

'Pool once again linked with Joaquin, which Rafa denies. Obviously - he's far too good to play for us.

Joaquin is amazing. One of the best right-wingers around, I'd say. Which is what we need. But what, exactly is the incentive in coming to a team as blatantly lacking as us? I hate to say it, but we're not good enough for Joaquin. The man should be at Milan, Chelsea, Real, Barca. I'd like him to go to Barca, but they probably don't need him, what with Giuly and Ezquerro. Real could use him as Beckham's successor, I guess, and when was the last time Milan actually had a proper winger?

Or, he could always stay at Betis. A team on the up with quality players like Assuncao and Xisco knocking about.

So here's the question: Where should Joaquin go? Because he sure as hell isn't coming to Liverpool.
Fri 07/10/05 at 23:40
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Less satisfying, though.
Fri 07/10/05 at 23:23
Regular
heh
Fri 07/10/05 at 23:21
Regular
See, wasn't that easier to type?
Fri 07/10/05 at 23:15
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
I said you're an idiot.
Fri 07/10/05 at 22:29
Regular
You know, because you went to the trouble of typing all that, I'm going to reply.

And it is thus: *yawn* You what now?
Fri 07/10/05 at 22:25
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Stryke wrote:
> 2. Beckham isn't a winger.
>
> --
>
> Yes he is. Whenever he tries to ponce about in central midfield it
> ends up badly.

Firstly, it doesn't. He plays all over the place for Real, he can pass excellently from anywhere to anywhere, win the ball anywhere. Look at some of his assists: Ronaldo's goal on Sunday came from Beckham's pass from way out left (I've mentioned this one before, somewhere); his assist on Ronaldo's goal against Alaves came from the centre; his assist to Owen in the Barca game last season came from the centre. Obviously there are more, but these spring to mind.

Secondly, just because he plays on the right, that doesn't make him a winger in the traditional sense. Wright-Phillips, Joaquin etc are players whose best assets are their pace and tricks. They run at players, they get past people, they deliver a cross or a grounded pass for a striker to finish the move off. Beckham doesn't do that, so I don't call him a winger.

> 3. Beckham is, while direct comparisons would be silly, probably
> more
> of an asset than any of the above.
>
> --
>
> Certainly not. People who can do a good long pass and take a free
> kick - plentiful. People who can go past their man, create and score
> goals from out wide with their running play - not so plentiful

Maybe a few people can do long passing well, but none as well as Beckham. Secondly, his workrate at Real is beaten by nobody. He's the most energetic man on the pitch in almost every game, certainly every game this season and most of last. He wins the ball a lot more than people like Joaquin. He gets more assists too, I imagine.

And there are plenty of people who can do what you say. Joaquin, Cristiano Ronaldo, Pires, SWP, etc. No one has a workrate like Beckham's at Real.

> Joaquin would easily make it in the Real team if they ever get a
> coach who can pick a team for non-marketing purposes.

That's the president who's the marketting guy, not the coach. Look at Luxemburgo's team, and look how it's changed since he started there. Figo was dropped, and then sold. Before that Gravesen, a holding, non-attacking player was bought and Guti dropped to allow him. Pablo Garcia was bought, another holding player, and he's got a starting place now. Hardly a big name, is he? Robinho has been on the bench for most league games, Pavon has started a few games over Woodgate, Soldado is starting to play now, and he came up through the youth ranks.
Fri 07/10/05 at 19:10
Regular
Fortunate I'm talking about with Blank/everyone but you, then.
Fri 07/10/05 at 19:08
Regular
I wouldn't class Beckham as a winger, he hardly sprints up the wing.
Fri 07/10/05 at 12:07
Regular
Blank wrote:
> Stryke wrote:
> Joaquin, Ronaldo, Guily, Ljungberg...Who am I missing? Out of the
> 'big' right-wingers?
>
> I don't include Beckham. He's not as good as any of them. Or
> Cammeronasi (sp? I don't care).
>
> 1. It's Giuly, you swine.

--

For the last time, I care less about that than I care about you. And I hate you. Hohoho.

--
>
> 2. Beckham isn't a winger.

--

Yes he is. Whenever he tries to ponce about in central midfield it ends up badly.

--
>
> 3. Beckham is, while direct comparisons would be silly, probably more
> of an asset than any of the above.

--

Certainly not. People who can do a good long pass and take a free kick - plentiful. People who can go past their man, create and score goals from out wide with their running play - not so plentiful

--
>
> Joaquin was expected to go to Real, in fact he even supports Real
> Madrid, but Luxemburgo doesn't use wingers in the traditional sense.
> Plus he'd hardly ever play with the amount of very good midfielders
> in the team.

--

Joaquin would easily make it in the Real team if they ever get a coach who can pick a team for non-marketing purposes.

--
Fri 07/10/05 at 01:11
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
When I read this today, I was a bit surprised. He's Spanish and plays in Spain, which would immediately put him on Rafa's shopping list. Obviously, as you say, he's too good.

I reckon Bolton will probably snap him up for a few pence.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.