GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Fasting..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 05/10/05 at 17:58
"slightlyshortertagl"
Anyone else here fasting?

I'm huuunngggrrryyyy :(

Oooops, wrong forum
Thu 06/10/05 at 11:40
Regular
And anyway, can't you just start eating really early in teh day?
The sun doesn't rise her (mind you, I'm in Glasgow) until about 7.00 (that gave me an awful fright when I woke up at 6.30 yesterday, I'm used to it being bright).

If you do, it sounds easy (although I go most days without eating until about 8pm anyway.
It's probably bad for me.
Thu 06/10/05 at 11:38
Regular
Question:

Are you allowed to drink anything during thae day?

I'd assume it's just water, but I don't know.
Enlighten me.
Thu 06/10/05 at 10:23
Regular
"serenity now!"
Bah, wish I could move threads.

My flatmate is fasting too - he finds the hardest part is not being able to smoke all day.

At least the clocks going forward soon should make it easier for you.
Wed 05/10/05 at 23:46
"slightlyshortertagl"
I'm off to sleepy, I need my rest. It gets insanely tiring not eating. I normally end up spending 4:30 - 6:30 in my room, doing feckall because I can't be fooked. And for the first time (this year) I'm not waking up at 5 to eat. fingers crossed :)
Wed 05/10/05 at 23:44
"slightlyshortertagl"
You're on a roll today, m_m :)

It's one of the 5 pillars of Islam. It's meant to clean you out, 'purify' you. And it's meant to be good for your body. As a kid I was also told it was so that we knew what it was like to be poor/hungry/starving, but as I grew up that reason seems to be thrown around less and less. And I guess it's just nice. It's nice to be able to get together at the end of a day with a couple of mates who've been fasting, and just have a huge meal. There's also an insane load of satisfaction/presents to be had at the end.
Wed 05/10/05 at 23:37
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Ahaha, that's awesome. Devil Whiteys think you're all like superhuman for not eating for ages, but really you just do it in the dark so we can't see!

Why do you do it though, what does it signify?
Wed 05/10/05 at 23:34
"slightlyshortertagl"
monkey_man wrote:
> Iiiiiiiit's Ramadan Time! (sorry, that's just how I imagine
> your parents waking you up on the morning you start fasting)

ahaha

> I don't think I could go that long without food, I kinda have a
> dependancy.

It's difficult, but it's also pretty damn satisfying. It's not eating from sunrise till sunset for one whole month. A load of people seem to assume it's no food/drink for 30 days. That's just silly :P

> Oh the joys of mocking religion. Most Christian celebrations involve
> eating, for some reason - even the one where they mourn Jesus getting
> nailed.

hehehe, made me chuckle as I'm eating tomorrow's breakfast/lunch before I go to sleep :)
Wed 05/10/05 at 23:29
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Niddle wrote:
> And it's Ramadan, guys. I'm muslim.

Iiiiiiiit's Ramadan Time! (sorry, that's just how I imagine your parents waking you up on the morning you start fasting)

I don't think I could go that long without food, I kinda have a dependancy.

Can't afford to eat - what are you, poor?

Oh the joys of mocking religion. Most Christian celebrations involve eating, for some reason - even the one where they mourn Jesus getting nailed.
Wed 05/10/05 at 23:10
"slightlyshortertagl"
Alfonse wrote:
> I like muslims. I enjoy a game we play where they are seriously hungry
> and i am seriously devouring a burger in their face.

You're so damn funny!

You're also a tw@t.

And it's Ramadan, guys. I'm muslim.
Wed 05/10/05 at 21:57
Regular
"Mozzy"
Just leave, Alfonse. You racist tw@t.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.