GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Murray vs Federer"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 01/10/05 at 14:21
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Who do you think will win? Has Murray really got a chance tomorrow of winning the Thailand Open?

I think Federer will win in straight sets but hope that Murray will at least give him a run for his money.
Sat 01/10/05 at 20:03
Regular
I think he got his mum to tell the press to shut up.

Then you get the sympathisers going "Give him a break, he's only a teenager".

So is Rafael Nadal, Grand Slam champion - beat Federer.
And Richard Gasquet, seeded at the US Open and Wimbledon - beat Federer.
Sun 02/10/05 at 00:04
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Murray's only hope:

Be sick again (obviously you can do it on cue now) to get Federer slightly unnerved. As he turns away, roll the ball in the sick. At this point, serve. Hopefully a few little droplets/chunks will fly off in his direction, disgusting him and giving him a total mindmess. He'll be totally unfocused. Then you just beat him in straight sets, easy.
Sun 02/10/05 at 01:00
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
JFH wrote:
> He's Scottish. I support the English players. Well, player.

Aha, unlucky you.
Sun 02/10/05 at 10:31
Regular
"0228"
[URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/4300644.stm[/URL]

Surprise, surprise.
Sun 02/10/05 at 12:00
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
He did better than I thought, at least he gave him a match.
Sun 02/10/05 at 13:29
JFH wrote:
> [URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/4300644.stm[/URL]
>
> Surprise, surprise.

Bahahahahahahaha, sorry, what!?

So you link to an article that details how Murray did incredibly well, and how he troubled Federer on occassions, and how he "played some dazzling tennis", and how "the day belonged to Murray, who continued to show rapid improvement and mature shot selection, mixing spin with power"

...and you say "surprise surprise" after you said "Murray doesn't even stand the slightest of chances."

Try making sense, mate.
Idiot
Sun 02/10/05 at 13:31
Regular
The day belonged to Murray, yet he got dominated in straight sets.

He broke the Federer serve once, did he?

So did Nicholas Keifer. At Wimbledon. Big whoop.

"I really tried, I did, honest, and Mummy has promised me I can go into Woolworths and have any packet of sweets I want! Except Wine Gums, I'm not allowed to drink alkeehol."
Sun 02/10/05 at 13:52
I think you're all forgetting that Murray is an 18 year old individual who was 400+ in the rankings at the beginning of the year
And that this was his first major final...and he was playing a guy who is undefeated in 31 matches, who has now won 11 titles this year and has "prevailed in an incredible 24 straight finals".

To be honest, I'd say 6-3, 7-5 is pretty damn good considering.
Sun 02/10/05 at 14:10
Regular
And I think you're forgetting that Gasquet beat Federer in Monte Carlo when he was younger than Murray, and Nadal beat Federer in the French Open semi-final - he's the same age as Murray. Hey, even Gael Monfils has won a ATP Tour title this season.

I'm not saying Murray isn't good, I'm just saying there should be absolutely none of this 'he's only a kid' talk, because Gasquet, Monfils and especially Nadal have been out there doing it and they're all shy of their 20th birthdays too.

Oh, and these guys have one more bonus. They're fit. It helps.
Sun 02/10/05 at 14:20
Regular
"0228"
Stryke wrote:
> He broke the Federer serve once, did he?
>
> So did Nicholas Keifer. At Wimbledon. Big whoop.

Federer's serve gets broken all the time, the thing is, he's able to break back easily and therefore rarely loses sets. Keifer actually did take a set off Federer at Wimbledon and he did the same thing at the US Open.

Murray was a bit lucky to get to the final. It was just good fortune that meant he didn't have to face Hewitt becasue of an injury and I can't imagine Murray would have got past him.

Yeah, Murray is the best British player at the moment but I still stand by the claim that he had no chance against Federer. The BBC may say he played 'dazzling tennis' but when have the ever said a bad word against him? He's the bravest person in the world according to them.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.