GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Games You'd Love To See On Gamecube"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 07/06/01 at 19:32
Regular
Anyone got any titles they'd love to see come out on the Gamcube ? In particular, titles made by Nintendo or Rare that you would like to see given the Gamecube treatment :-)

Maybe a different game series by another company ? I'd love to see the following titles come to the system...

F-Zero
Castlevania
Probotector (an version of the Contra series that had robots
replacing blokes as the characters you used)
Mario Kart

Obviously I'm looking forward to other titles such as another Conker's and stuff but these are already thought to be in the pipeline. I've mentioned ones that I haven't heard of being announced yet :-)

With the Gamecube having online capabilities, this could really benefit titles such as F-Zero and Mario Kart. Besides possibilities for online racing against other players, there could also be a site for players to visit where they can download new racers and tracks :-)

Now that consoles are doing the basics with online capabilities, I think it'll be a good step forward if someone of Nintendo's reputation takes things further with ideas such as downloadable levels, characters for games, etc. It would vastly add to the lastability of a lot of games and give us the players lots more value for money.

I bet a Castlevania game would look damn good too ;-) Always been a big fan of that series. Be interesting to see what ideas could come up there too :-) Afterall, Konami are a company that derserve a lot of respect too.
Fri 08/06/01 at 21:10
Regular
Super Gohan wrote:
> At the moment, I am really looking forward to the new ISS Evolution
> on PS2, because it looks absolutely brilliant. I am also curious as
> to whether it can live up to the reputation the other games have
> pathed for it.

The PS2 version might actually persuade me to buy a PS2. I adore the psx version and hope the new version will live up to expectations. But really, the only thing they can improve is the graphics.
Fri 08/06/01 at 19:48
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
Most of my favourite games that I have thought wow I want this on the GC, are e.g:

CONKER
ZELDA
PD
MARIO
LUIGI
Fri 08/06/01 at 19:45
Speaking of downloadable levels, characters and tracks it would have to be pretty quick because you would be sitting there all day just waiting to play a new level. If it took moe than 25 minutes then that would be too long...my internet bills are HUGE!!! That might be asking too much from Nintendo but if they want to make a big succes with the online gaming then I think that is what they would have to do...Conker's bad Fur Day is coming out on GAMECUBE!!! It is going to be called Conker's Other Bad Day. As for the games that I would like to see it would have to be another James Bond or Jet Force Gemini those are the all time favourites and classics.
Thu 07/06/01 at 22:39
At the moment, I am really looking forward to the new ISS Evolution on PS2, because it looks absolutely brilliant. I am also curious as to whether it can live up to the reputation the other games have pathed for it.
Thu 07/06/01 at 22:28
Regular
Yeah, the finished article of Sensible soccer can be found on the Amiga. It dont need updating and making it in 3-d would make it a different game altogether. The top view made the gameplay so sweet and nothing should ever change about it.
Thu 07/06/01 at 22:11
Every ISS game that has been released on any console has been great, and with the advances in consoles, they are set to get better.

Sensible Soccer still stands as one of the best and most loved footy games ever, but if it got updated, such as made into a 3D footy game, would it lose it's appeal. I think so, but what does everybody else think.
Thu 07/06/01 at 21:23
Regular
ISS 98 is a very very good soccer sim. the best on the 64. But it does have its flaws. The goal keepers parry the ball way to often and dont have quick enough reflexes after they parry it and so are left on the floor while the striker taps in the ball. Also you score too many 30yrd screamers. Okay it adds to the excitement but it is unrealistic.

Pro evolution is perfect in every way. The only way they can change it is by improving the graphics.

BUT....
Sensible world of soccer on the Amiga is the best Soccer sim ever and can never be beaten.
Thu 07/06/01 at 21:17
Regular
"You've upset me"
I either own or have owned all three ISS' on the N64 (ISS64, ISS 98 and ISS2000) I have also played all the PS and PS2's Pro Evolution.

I think that Iss98 is the best football game EVER made, apart from perhaps Sensible Soccer.

But hey, that's just my opinion.
Thu 07/06/01 at 21:15
Regular
Listen right i have been playing ISS 98 on the N64 for the past year and have loved every minute of it. I played ISS pro evolution last week and found out i had been playing an inferior game.
Thu 07/06/01 at 21:13
Regular
"You've upset me"
Batistuta wrote:
> I'd love to see a version of ISS pro evolution on a nintendo
> console. As much as i love the current Nintendo version, Pro
> evolution wipes the floor with it.

errm... no it doesn't.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.