GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Warrior goes nuts"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 28/09/05 at 16:43
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
As opposed to the cuckoo he's already gone :-D

Yup what with the release of the Warrior DVD which is just basically a chance for Vince to crap all over someone who made him a ton of money the mad Warrior has released a reply where he rips Vince, JR and our loveable Trips a new one among others. Favourite comment probably has to be about Trips and his *sports supplements* :-D

Not usually a fan of the Warrior and his extreme rantings about the outside world but i think he pretty much nailed everyone spot on in this piece, a must read.

[URL]http://www.ultimatewarrior.com/09.27.05DVDII.htm[/URL]

Just make sure you don't go clicking on any other links, i will not be held responsible for any fundamentalist nonsense you may expose yourselves to
Sat 01/10/05 at 14:25
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Ant wrote:
> By the queer and the handicapped, who does he mean? King and JR?

Who knows what he means!?
Sat 01/10/05 at 14:26
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Smedlos wrote:
> Who knows what he means!?

Anyone with a basic knowledge of wwe.com?
Sat 01/10/05 at 14:41
Regular
"I like cheese"
That is one weird website...

I never saw him really. Was he ever, really, really that great?
Sat 01/10/05 at 15:10
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Ant wrote:
> That is one weird website...
>
> I never saw him really. Was he ever, really, really that great?

He wasn't a great wrestler really but his character was a bit mad so maybe he's not been able to let go? His best moment came at Wrestlemania 6 when he won the WWF Championship from Hulk Hogan and as he was already the Intercontinental Champion at the time he's one of the few wrestlers to hold 2 titles at the same time.

However Hogan was supposed to win the match but he decided he was going to retire soon after Wrestlemania 6 and wanted to hand over his crown to the Warrior so that he could then become the top wrestler in the business. Hogan decided that he wasn't going to retire a few months later so the Warrior had to drop the title to Sgt Slaughter at Royal Rumble 1991 to set up a Hogan vs Sgt Slaughter match at Wrestlemania 7 which Hogan won.

This was one of the most controversial storylines of all time as Sgt Slaughter was an Iraqi sympathiser and Hogan was the American hero and this all went on while the first Gulf war was going on.

This also gave a situation where Vince was made to look a right fool as well, ticket sales weren't very good so the venue was switched and Vince gave the reason as he thought a sniper who was also an Iraqi sympathiser may try and get into the arena and shoot Hogan dead during the match.

Also at Wrestlemania 7 Warrior faced Savage in a career ending match which Warrior won. The match was one of the best of all time but then his career faltered when he was put into a mid card feud and fell out with Vince and the WWF and left. He did come back occasionally, at one Wrestlemania he came back after HHH agreed to do a squash for him, the match lasted barely a minute and could have been so much better.

I don't really know if there is one particular incident or even a series of smaller incidents that has made the Warrior so bitter but I think we can safely say he'll never wrestle in the WWE again. I don't know if he does wrestle at all now to tell you the truth.

If Hogan had really retired in mid-late 1990 who knows what the Warrior could have become? We'll never really know.
Sat 01/10/05 at 15:17
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Ant wrote:
> That is one weird website...
>
> I never saw him really. Was he ever, really, really that great?

Wrestling wise no, but he was one of the few people who got bigger reactions than Hogan
Sat 01/10/05 at 15:18
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Smedlos wrote:
He did come back occasionally, at
> one Wrestlemania he came back after HHH agreed to do a squash for
> him, the match lasted barely a minute and could have been so much
> better.

He was a low carder and wasn't banging Steph at the time, he didn't agree to do it, he got told to do it.

And that 2 minutes or so squash apparently allows him to comment on how the Warrior was in the ring. Unprofessional? Yea look at yourself big nose
Sun 02/10/05 at 09:47
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Kawada wrote:

> He was a low carder and wasn't banging Steph at the time, he didn't
> agree to do it, he got told to do it.

twas part of his punishment for hugging hall/nash and breaking character.
he was supposed to win the King of the Ring that launched Stone Cold.
Sun 02/10/05 at 12:12
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Very_Metal wrote:

> twas part of his punishment for hugging hall/nash and breaking
> character.
> he was supposed to win the King of the Ring that launched Stone Cold.

I remember that, he got held back for about a year didn't he? Good job it did happen because as you say Stone Cold won the King of the Ring as a result and this was the start of his rise to the top. It's also where he made the famous catchphrase "Austin 3:16 says I just whopped your ass!" after Jake the Snake Roberts had been going on about religion.

In case anyones interested by the way next Sunday 9th October at Alfreton leisure centre in Derbyshire Jake The Snake is headlining a card, I've not heard of any of the others who are wrestling there but if I'm not doing anything I may pop along to see how close he is to death.
Sun 02/10/05 at 13:17
Regular
His comment about being above HBK and Bret Hart in 1996 is just so, so wrong. Oh, and the comment about Bobby Heenan's illness being Karma, again, is very idiotic.

He made some valid points, but he also makes himself out to be a pompous tosspiece.
Sun 02/10/05 at 20:19
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Reefer wrote:
> His comment about being above HBK and Bret Hart in 1996 is just so, so
> wrong.

In my opinion he's never been above Bret Hart and HBK ever, even when he was WWF Champion for the 9 month reign he had. He only had this title reign because Hogan decided to retire later on in 1990 and never did and Hogan "passed" on his mantle to him.

If Hogan had not decided to let Warrior win at Wrestlemania 6 Warrior would just have been another mid-card wannabee.

> Oh, and the comment about Bobby Heenan's illness being Karma,
> again is very idiotic.

Reminds me about Glen Hoddle a few years back when he got sacked as England manager. It just shows how Warrior is detatched from reaily.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.