GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The new mini PS2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 09/10/04 at 17:51
Regular
"lets go back"
I sold my regular PS2 a while ago but Im thinking of getting one of these new mini ones so I can play GTA San Andreas. I've heard they are released on November the first. What I want to know is, is anywhere taking preorders for themyet? and at what price?

Edit:- seen as you all think im asking about GTA, im NOT. I know where and when I can get that. I want to know about the actual console.
Mon 11/10/04 at 14:16
Regular
"Bow to me!"
im pleased you see it my way. all that hastle lol. you do make it sound good but i would rather just stick with a PAL. it just seems to make sence. plus you can buy or browse games in UK shops which fills in a lot of time for me fortunatlty
Mon 11/10/04 at 13:38
Regular
Yes, buying games for £20 SEALED is so annoying, especially with that massive 3 day delivery drag and all the custom charges that are waved, not to mention the fact I mainly deal with a UK supplier but on the odd occassion I have dealt with extremely helpful American's who do everything they can to ensure a smooth transaction.

Ignorance is bliss.
Mon 11/10/04 at 13:32
Regular
"Bow to me!"
surely thats more auckward really. u could just get a PAL one and get that thing that lets you play NSTEC games. buying things in dollars must be annoying. and the worst thing of all is buying from americans
Mon 11/10/04 at 08:37
Regular
Marcini wrote:
> what about when it comes to playing PAL games?

Why would I want to? The US has a FAR better selection of games, games that aren't shat on when they are ported over with borders to make up for the change in frequency and games that will never see the light of day over here. Two that spring straight to mind that are worth the admission price alone are...

Xenosaga
Xenosaga 2

The former I have finished but the latter I can't wait, the finest console RPG to date.
Mon 11/10/04 at 07:23
Regular
"Bicycle"
«-Shrubber«- wrote:
> Geffdof wrote:
> Honestly, im not too bothered about the whole mini one
> looking
> cool. As Ive said i only want it to play the new GTA. I just thought
> if im buying a PS2 I might as well get the little one.
>
> the only reason im getting it is for the ethernet, loiek xbox live
> but for PSTWO.... Burnout 3 against japanese people fun fun

But the PStwo doesn't have space for an HDD or NA.

So no ethernet for you then.

EDIT: Oh it comes built in.

Sorry.
Mon 11/10/04 at 00:12
Regular
"Jackpot!"
It looks weird lol.
Mon 11/10/04 at 00:11
Regular
"Bow to me!"
what about when it comes to playing PAL games?
Sun 10/10/04 at 20:11
Regular
I have my US version on pre-order, due out this Thursday.
Sun 10/10/04 at 19:47
Regular
"Ghetto Fabulous"
Geffdof wrote:
> Honestly, im not too bothered about the whole mini one looking
> cool. As Ive said i only want it to play the new GTA. I just thought
> if im buying a PS2 I might as well get the little one.

the only reason im getting it is for the ethernet, loiek xbox live but for PSTWO.... Burnout 3 against japanese people fun fun
Sun 10/10/04 at 11:04
Regular
"lets go back"
Marcini wrote:
> >
> whoever looked on SR didnt look very hard. just remember its called
> the PStwo... not PS2 mini or anything like that, if you search for
> PStwo its about the 3rd one down and is £99.99 which is pretty
> good if you ask me

Thanx for that. I didnt know it was called the PStwo. Thats probably why I couldnt find it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.