GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"War Strategy Games"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 09/10/04 at 21:14
"©opy Right™"
Looking for some war games to buy any ideas on some good ones
Tue 16/11/04 at 18:28
Regular
"object"
command and conquer generals and expansion pack its great online u can download demo on their site
Fri 12/11/04 at 14:35
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War is a decent enough RTS, lacking in single player campaigns though, but it has great source material and some interesting new spins on the whole resource collecting thing.
Thu 11/11/04 at 21:22
Regular
Coin wrote:
> Age of Empires Collectors Pack (Gold edition, II,
> Conquerors expansion - for II - and a rather odd soundtrack...)

All you'll need.
Thu 11/11/04 at 20:31
Regular
"Unretired"
Command and Conquer: Generals is one sweet game. Although being a hardcore C&C fan kind of clouds my judgement of it.
If your a long time fan of a 2d series of games, your almost certainly going to love the first 3d version of it unless it has some deep flaws.
Thu 11/11/04 at 20:10
Regular
"Copyright (c) 2004"
I got warcraft 3 (+frozen throne) recently and also dawn of war (warhammer 40k) um and they both rule. Warcraft is more fantasy and dawn of war is more sci-fi-big-machines-crunching-bone.

If you want a WAR game try Axis and Allies, its pretty cool but..not GREAT. The best wargame has to be by FAR sudden strike. OH and while youre at it download Hidden and Dangerous Deluxe. its now freeware. (www.gigex.com) Also Americas army, but thats a FPS.
Tue 09/11/04 at 12:59
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
I personally strongly suggest Warcraft 3 imo, Its easily the best out there xD

:)

I think its a progaming element to the game is really great, fun and just.. meh;

Anyways, moving on :D
Wed 03/11/04 at 14:43
Regular
"A man with a stick"
War of the Ring was developed by someone else, like that awful LOTR adventure game it tried to use influences from the books, yet ended up utter crap, and like that awful adventure game, EA came along and did a better job, but using influences from the movie's.
Tue 02/11/04 at 22:12
Regular
Yeah. That looks superb at the minute. Hopefully it'll be much better than that other tosh RTS they brought out. War of the Ring or something.
Tue 02/11/04 at 21:16
Regular
"Bobnick"
I don't want any argumets, but I think LOTR Battle for middle earth is meant to be a good game!
Sat 23/10/04 at 16:53
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Rome: Total War you need no other game.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.