GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Yet another iPod problem"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 21/09/05 at 16:11
Regular
"That's right!"
How can I have had an iPod for so long and yet know so little about them?

Since I updated iTunes to the latest version it's not recognising when my iPod is plugged in.

All the wires are working, it charges as normal, but iTunes doesn't recognise that it's there - quite a problem when you want to add music.

What's the crack, anyone know?
Sat 24/09/05 at 15:46
"High polygon count"
Indeed! I paid about £220 for my NW-HD3 in April. :-(
Sat 24/09/05 at 01:29
Regular
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> The solution to all your crappy iPod woes...
>
> [URL]http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000934N38/ref=pd_rhf_p_1/026-4694272-9096412[/URL]

heh, the price of it drops about £5 every month! Think its just about hit the price level i'll buy one at!
Fri 23/09/05 at 17:59
"High polygon count"
Absolutely!

The original NW-HD1 only supported Sony's own ATRAC format, which is probably what you're getting confused with. But that just meant that you ripped your CDs with the software supplied with it, rather than any old MP3 software; it didn't mean that you could only use music downloaded from Sony.

The NW-HD3 (which I have) supports ATRAC, ATRAC3plus and MP3. The newer NW-HD5 supports ATRAC, ATRAC3plus, MP3, WMA and WAV - though once you've tried ATRAC3plus, you're unlikely to bother with any of the other formats.

All models have superior sound quality to iPod, and the HD5 also has a 40-hour battery life.
Fri 23/09/05 at 15:48
Regular
"That's right!"
I take it you're a fan then.

I left my wallet at home today when I went to work, then left my iPod in my drawers at work when I came back home. It's one of those days...

By Monday the battery will be dead so I'll have to take it home and charge it Monday night. No music on the go until Tuesday, bah.
Thu 22/09/05 at 23:04
"High polygon count"
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> Don't those Sony ones only work with music you've downloaded from
> them? No thanks, mister.

Nope, not at all. Try doing some research before you make such unfounded claims.
Thu 22/09/05 at 18:26
RoJ wrote:
> iTunes is utter crap. Yes sorry MoJo for useless input but it needed
> to be said.

How?
Thu 22/09/05 at 17:46
Regular
"That's right!"
Don't those Sony ones only work with music you've downloaded from them? No thanks, mister.
Thu 22/09/05 at 17:03
"High polygon count"
The solution to all your crappy iPod woes...

[URL]http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000934N38/ref=pd_rhf_p_1/026-4694272-9096412[/URL]
Wed 21/09/05 at 20:33
Regular
I had the same problem last week, but it cleared itself up randomly one day.

And Sheepy, get iPod agent if you want to move songs from your iPod to a new PC. It's free and works pretty quickly.
Wed 21/09/05 at 20:20
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
I have the same problem from time to time it just won't recognise when it's connected. Fortunately every time it's a case of restarting and it recognises it then?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.