GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Metallica question"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 16/09/05 at 10:17
Regular
"lets go back"
Ive never been a fan of Metallica and thought it was about time I listened to some of their music. Whats their best/most popular album. I've heard that St. Anger isn't that good and that possibly Master of Puppets or The Black Album are better. What would any of you Metallica fans recomend me to get first?
Fri 23/09/05 at 00:13
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Der Nazi wrote:
> a whole bunch of correct things.

.. except i really like the black album :)
all afterwards are poorer by far.
Thu 22/09/05 at 19:04
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
The first three albums are simply amazing, though Master Of Puppets, by some distance, is the best. The band basically copied most of the ideas they had used succesfully on Ride The Lightning (Acoustic intro on the first song, which then descends into thrash mayhem, The fourth song is a ballad and so on) and simply did some amazing songwriting. After Cliff's death, things slowly went downhill: ...And Justice For All is a decent album, but it just seems a bit dull, with a lot of it sounding the same; The Black Album just doesn't rock hard enough, and so on. By the time we get to St. Anger, I need a large drink.
Thu 22/09/05 at 18:12
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Master Of Puppets I'd say.
Sat 17/09/05 at 16:56
Regular
"i own groovy land"
i think that you should get there ride the lightning albam. if you are a first time guy to metallica, it gives a good idear of what there music is like.
or get master of pupits.
metallica rock by the way.
Sat 17/09/05 at 11:06
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Reefer wrote:
> Ok, St. Anger isn't a classic, but I enjoyed most of the tracks
> (particularly St. Anger, Frantic and Purify).

On it's own it's not really too bad of an album, but considering what we know Metallica can produce, it was a bit disappointing.

Metallica's sound has changed gradually over the years like most bands do, but St Anger was more of a giant leap rather than a small step. Nobody really expected it to be that aggressive.

Some Kind Of Monster is one hell of a song though. :)
Fri 16/09/05 at 23:41
Regular
Ok, St. Anger isn't a classic, but I enjoyed most of the tracks (particularly St. Anger, Frantic and Purify).
Fri 16/09/05 at 20:52
Regular
"You've upset me"
tnc wrote:
> Remind me, 'For whom the bell tolls', who is it by?

Metallica. Why do I know this? Because my friends taste in music is... um... different to mine.

Nothing Else Matters and Hero of the Day are good though.
Fri 16/09/05 at 20:51
Regular
"You've upset me"
Bob_The_Moose wrote:
> Deth!!

Muah. Thankyou.
Fri 16/09/05 at 20:51
Regular
Remind me, 'For whom the bell tolls', who is it by?
Fri 16/09/05 at 20:46
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
tnc wrote:
> I knew it was Dimebag and that he did guitaring but I was thrown a
> little by the fact that he sings a little and not being entirely sure
> who the singer was.

Does he?
The singer was a guy named Phil Anselmo (spelling?) who's also been in Superjoint Ritual and Down, and is probably still in one of them, I have no idea. I don't really like his voice much.

>
> I liked Cowboys from Hell as a song, twas rather class.
>
> Megadeath sound like a nice friendly band ...

Deth!! And yeah, they are.
CFH is awesome yeah... my favourite Pantera song has to be Hollow though. Or maybe Floods. One or the other.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.