GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Football Accumulator Thread"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 22/10/09 at 08:39
Regular
"THFC"
Right, i know some of you guys are not keen football fans so probably not a great thread for you - sorry.

However, for the few of us that enjoy football, i thought this could proove to be fun!

I love doing football Accumulators and very often, well actually never, have i won a bet of one. So to try help me spending all my hard earned cash i thought we could play a game. These are the rules (and even people who know nothing about football can play!)

Each week i will post the fixtures for the premier league on here.
From them you choose 4 games and say how it will go.
Getting 3 out of the 4 correct grants you a point.
Getting all 4 will get you 3 points.

Simple, right! I will of course keep a list on here and update the scored of the people playing.
So let me know if your interested in playing along. Fun game to keep me occupied and may actually help me finally win a bet!

THE LEAGUE TABLE

ButchML - 55
McLong - 43
Emmie87 - 38
dav2612 - 31
Sonic Chris - 29
Dragonlance - 28
HighflyerVII - 10
Warhunt - 8
Jubba - 3
tnc - 1
HM - 1
Black8704 - 0
Alfonse - 0
Page:
Mon 10/05/10 at 08:10
Regular
"THFC"
Well i have updated the final time for this season!

Well done to Butch for his taking of first place. I will settle with 3rd lol.

Thanks to everyone for playing along all season and hope you enjoyed the work and outcome of this thread.

I know Warhunt has spoken of something for the World Cup but i have an idea for next season on here, so keep your eyes peeled people!
Sun 09/05/10 at 22:24
Regular
"How Ironic"
Sonic Chris wrote:
> 4 Results
> Arsenal v Fulham Correct
> Burnley v Tottenham Wrong
> Man Utd v Stoke Correct
> Chelsea v Wigan Very Correct!
>
>1 Point
> Game Score + Goal Scorer
> Arsenal 3 0 Fulham
>
> Robin Van Persie
>
>Correct Result - 1 Point
>
> 6 Results
> Aston Villa v Blackburn Wrong
> Everton v Portsmouth Wrong
> Hull v Liverpool Wrong
> Bolton v Birmingham Wrong
> West Ham v Man City Wrong
> Wolverhampton v Sunderland Wrong

2 points. An extremely bad finish to the season for me. Guess I take after my team! :P
Sun 09/05/10 at 22:22
Regular
"How Ironic"
Yeh, you'll have moved above Warhunt. I had Van Persie down for first GS. He scored second though :( Looking forward to the updated table.
Sun 09/05/10 at 21:57
Regular
"Tip The Scales"
Yeah, I thought it was a bit high considering I never really went against the odds in anything (apart from maybe the 5-0 scoreline to Tottenham). Picking the first goalscorer of the match-day was quite impressive imo :P
Sun 09/05/10 at 19:45
Regular
"How Ironic"
Yeh I'm not sure wether something's gone wrong there, maybe I didn't clear the slip completely or something. But 200/1 + than everyone else, something can't be right. Oh well, I was thinking of you when Bale scored! Congrats!
Sun 09/05/10 at 16:06
Regular
"Tip The Scales"
3 minutes in and one of my bets comes in, Gareth Bale!!

Interesting that mine came to the longest odds, however :P

5 goals so far...just 3 for the wrong team...
Sun 09/05/10 at 14:32
Regular
"How Ironic"
I've took the liberty of getting the odds had people put on their bets, so here are the odds. Might also help us see who will take some points. These are based on the 10 results (in other words, excluding the Score and Goalscorer section).

(Based on William Hill odds)

Dragonlance
315.79/1

HighflyerVII
536.4/1

Emmie87
135.75/1

Sonic Chris
135.75/1

Butch
166.08/1

Dav2612
131.75/1

McLong
214.26/1
Sun 09/05/10 at 14:12
Regular
"How Ironic"
Well, I'd be lieing if I said I was looking forward to the matches today. I'm actually more worried about this thread :P Will be interesting to see if anyone pulls off a 10 game prediction!

Also want to see if I can hold off Dragonlance after taking him at the post! :P
Fri 07/05/10 at 18:40
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
A final day flurry:

Wolverhampton DRAW
Man City
Man Utd
Everton

Man Utd 3 - 0 Stoke
Berbatov

Arsenal
Aston Villa DRAW
Bolton DRAW
Tottenham
Chelsea
Liverpool
Fri 07/05/10 at 11:46
Regular
"THFC"
yea i know chris, i might give it a change, just an initial thought lol
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.