GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Our band did our first demo on Saturday..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 13/09/05 at 20:48
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
Me and my mates decided to form a band about three months ago and we recorded our first demo on Saturday. We were in the recording studio for about 16 hours!

Anyway, if anyone fancies a listen, you can hear the tracks on

[URL]http://www.overplay.co.uk/camorra[/URL]

Let me know what you think on the message board if you want.
Sun 18/09/05 at 09:54
Regular
"lets go back"
Control Destroyer: The guitar solo is far too quiet. It need to be turned up so that its the loudest thing. Also the lead guitarist didnt seem to do much other than play the solo (or possibly play the exact same thing as the rhythm). A few fills and licks here and there would be nice. The bass solo was a bit fumbly (is that even a word?) Possibly playing less notes but holding them for longer may make for a smoother listen. Other than that I'd say its a decent song and was played well, possibly a little long, but it was good.

Sun-lit trap: I like this one a lot. Great bass line and well broken up with the guitar. The vocals could be a little stronger, but you could say that for every amature band.

Amber Streets: I dont like this one as much. Its a bit too dreary for my taste. I suppose its ok for the style that you are going for. Basically I have no plus or minus points for it. Its kind of average.

Well there you go. Thats my thoughts. Overall I'd say you're pretty decent. My main problem would be the vocals, but I've heard loads of mainstream bands with vocals like you so I think thats just my personal taste.
Sat 17/09/05 at 23:57
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
Bump
Wed 14/09/05 at 19:04
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Musics not bad.

Just a bit basic for me. Needs a few special effects and noises to make it suitable for my tastes.

To be honest, we're having some problems filling gaps in our songs atm.
Wed 14/09/05 at 19:02
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Thanks for the link to that website, Gabbo.

I think I might use it for some of my bands stuff later.
Wed 14/09/05 at 18:45
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
Not at all mate, cheers for listening. As I say, we've only been together for a short while, so we're still getting to grips with everything.
Wed 14/09/05 at 18:35
Regular
If I'm honest, it sounds like a million other unsigned bands that I've heard.

"Our songs are full of anger"

Yet the lead singer sounds like he's about to fall asleep.

Don't take my criticism personally though. I'm just giving my honest opinion which probably won't mean squat to you anyway.
Wed 14/09/05 at 18:16
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
We first got together about 3 months ago, and we've always practiced at the same place so they said they'd do us a deal, a 3 track demo for £80. Considering how long he was working on it, it was a really good deal. They usually charge about £250 I think so it's not too shabby.

Thanks for the input so far, as I say, we're all a bit out at some point, but we haven't been together that long so we need to get tighter on the songs.
Tue 13/09/05 at 23:38
Regular
"Catch it!"
Very cool how much it cost for your recording studio then?
Tue 13/09/05 at 23:30
Regular
"\\"
Anyway. Yeah.

Sounds pretty good.

Singing is off in a few places, but other than that, some pretty good songs.
Tue 13/09/05 at 21:40
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
Bloody hell, you'll have to wipe my ar$e next!

All the songs are up and it should be ok, let me know if it works ok.

Once again, cheers mate.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.