GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Our band did our first demo on Saturday..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 13/09/05 at 20:48
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
Me and my mates decided to form a band about three months ago and we recorded our first demo on Saturday. We were in the recording studio for about 16 hours!

Anyway, if anyone fancies a listen, you can hear the tracks on

[URL]http://www.overplay.co.uk/camorra[/URL]

Let me know what you think on the message board if you want.
Fri 23/09/05 at 21:04
Regular
"You've upset me"
Listened to it (Sun-lit Trap). Musically it's good, but your singer can't.. um... sing. Also, the echo on the vocals sounds pretty naff, but there's definitely something good going on there.
Fri 23/09/05 at 15:50
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
There's a song on there which uses Quick Time now, it's the play and rate one, but you don't have to rate it.
Tue 20/09/05 at 23:54
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Gabbo wrote:
> A few people have said that Control seems to drag on a bit. I'll put
> what you said to the band on Wednesday.

cool.
i didn't mean that it draged on though, i was just saying that the writing was extremely "by numbers" and it sounded like "4 parts played in sequence" rather than being a song at it's core.

example:
the pre-chorus bit after the first verse. the music changes and there's no vocal, so it's a noticible change, too sharp, it doesn't flow. little things like simply carrying the last vocal line of the verse to go over the first bar of the pre-chorus brings the listener with you and makes your music more interesting.

that kinda thing :)
Tue 20/09/05 at 21:04
Regular
"You've upset me"
Gabbo wrote:
> No worries Chris, I'll get that sorted for you.

Cheers, Stef :-)

Considering how similar our music tastes are, I'm guessing it'll be my kind of thing...
Tue 20/09/05 at 19:40
Regular
"I'm not a noob :"
Gave it a chance. . . didn't like it, not my sorta thing. Nice one tho, ur on ur way.
Mon 19/09/05 at 18:45
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
A few people have said that Control seems to drag on a bit. I'll put what you said to the band on Wednesday.

The singer sounds a lot better when we all play live, but so does all the music to be honest. Apart from the drummer, this is the first time we've been in a situation like this, so I think when we do it again, we'll be a lot more comfortable and hopefully get better results.
Mon 19/09/05 at 18:29
Regular
"you've got a beard"
not all that bad, get your singer to ditch the pseudo-american accent and it'll sound better.

EDIT: actually, just get him to be better, there's no power there. although that MAY be the mix, but he's still off.

also, try and expand from the 4-bar linearity, there are times (especially in control destroyer) where the listener loses interest because there's nothing happening over the music, it's like 4 bars of filler and it sounds a little.. i don't know... cop-out/lazy? no offense intended, but i feel there's more you could do with it.
Mon 19/09/05 at 18:15
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
No worries Chris, I'll get that sorted for you.

Thanks for everyone else who took the time to take a listen.
Sun 18/09/05 at 16:20
Regular
"You've upset me"
I would listen but I don't have WMP and can't really be arised to get. Any chance of uploading them as MP3's?
Sun 18/09/05 at 12:22
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
Your band has a lot of potential for greatness.

Listening, Crossbob?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.