GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sky Sports"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 13/09/05 at 19:15
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Apparently that was the last Ashes to be shown on terrestrial tv as Sky have the rights from now on. With all the hype over the Ashes and some 7.4 million people tuning in to watch the last few hours of play at the Oval the Government have decided to review the list of events that have to be shown on terrestrial tv - problem is they can't do it until 2009!

The question is this - should Sky be allowed to eat up the rights to virtually sporting event? OK they pour millions into sport by buying the rights, their coverage is much better than terrestrial tv with all the interactive elements etc and they have numerous channels to show them again and again but people pay for their tv licence and then have to pay again for Sky.

I personally think they should be shown on both terrestrial tv and Sky, that way everyone has the chance to see them and if people want to pay for Sky to get the "extras" then that's up to them.
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Fri 16/09/05 at 19:50
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
GingerD wrote:
> Richie was a legend and the
> perect cricket commentator, adding info only when needed and letting
> the game do the talking.

That's the key to good commentating, lots of commentators just describe what's happening in the game where as he discusses why it's happening, for example why the field is set as it is.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.