GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"That bloody cricket victory crowd"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 13/09/05 at 12:57
Regular
"Excommunicated"
With their little England flags

If I wasn't already ill it would make me throw up
Tue 13/09/05 at 21:03
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Most Austrailian sports fans are more likely relishing trying to take it back, rather than beating up English people and declaring their hatred of us, as I'd suspect some English people would do.
Tue 13/09/05 at 21:12
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Emitime wrote:
> Well I hardly call having an extra innings than the other team a fair
> way of winning.

They're the words of a person who doesn't know about cricket.
Tue 13/09/05 at 21:14
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Rai wrote:
> Australia will want to cancel the ashes now we've won.

Cricket is Australia's national sport. They'll probably crave it back.
Thu 15/09/05 at 10:36
Regular
The thing that strikes me about the Ashes is how wonderful everyone thinks England are, but they only beat one team.

Wow.

"And England have won the most prestegious trophy in the Cricketing world".

Wow.
Either you win it, or Australia does. No-one else. How does that make it a good trophy?
Thu 15/09/05 at 10:51
Regular
Its because Australia are the best team in the world, officially ranked number 1. Also, this was a long five test series where the winner is very likely to be the better team. Its all about the history of the Ashes and about the fact that England really beat the greatest team in the current rankings.
Thu 15/09/05 at 10:52
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Yes, because normally we have SO much to cheer about in international sports...

For Gods sake, let 'em have their moment of glory. At least it won't lead to rioting (unlike Northern Ireland after THEIR famous win...)
Thu 15/09/05 at 11:21
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I can't think of a more pointless sport than cricket.

Oh hang on, motor-racing and golf.
Thu 15/09/05 at 12:09
Regular
"Selected"
motor-racing golf sounds like a brilliant sport!
Thu 15/09/05 at 13:35
Regular
"bit of a brain"
monkey_man wrote:
> I can't think of a more pointless sport than cricket.

It's pointless in the same way that all sports are pointless. And I don't see what the problem with people celebrating the Ashes is. Just because they don't watch every game of cricket ever doesn't mean that they can't enjoy what they do watch. The Ashes was fantastic entertainment, although obviously not everyone likes it, like with any sport.
Sat 17/09/05 at 23:34
Regular
Hi

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.