GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Short Story Competition 32"

The "Creative Writing" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 12/09/05 at 21:00
Regular
"relocated"
OK, inspired by New Orleans, the topic is:

After the Apocalypse

The apocalypse can be anything you want, and you don't even have to explain it, but it can't be a metaphor, ie "And I got to the front of the queue, and lo! the four horseman of apocalypse - famine, death, pestilence and forgetfulness - swept down upon me. I had left my wallet on the bedside table. The cashier laughed at me and I didn't get any lunch." A real apocalypse.

I'll judge on Friday 23rd. Two entries max, as long as you want.

Good luck!

Winner:
Black Glove

Runners up:
Ant
Prophet

Congratulations!
Sat 24/09/05 at 09:16
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Agreed.
Sat 24/09/05 at 00:19
Regular
"not dead"
Well done, Black Glove. I think that was my favourite this time too.
Fri 23/09/05 at 23:44
Regular
"relocated"
OK, I've read the contenders again and the winner is...Black Glove. It was just too strange and otherworldly not to win. Well done. Runners up are Ant and Prophet, whose stories were also very good indeed.
Fri 23/09/05 at 23:31
Regular
"relocated"
OK, I've left comments on all the entries now. There were some very good ones so I'm going to have a bit of a think and then choose the winner from my three favourites.
Fri 23/09/05 at 19:48
Regular
"relocated"
I've read quite a lot of the entries already and hopefully I will be able to leave comments and judge later tonight.
Thu 22/09/05 at 22:52
Regular
"I like cheese"
Saw this competition about 45 minutes ago, have just managed to fit an entry in. {:)
Wed 21/09/05 at 18:27
Regular
I'm not really feeling the After the Apocalypse theme, so I won't be entering.

It's not bad, I tried, but it didn't inspire me other than to write a list of descriptive words, like "the blistering hellfire of satan's wrath rained down like bullets piercing the thin, defenceless skin, burning and searing and .." yadda yadda ya.

It's all a bit too goth for me, so I gave up.
Tue 20/09/05 at 19:45
Regular
"Cool!"
Yeah. I'm going to enter the next short story competition.
Tue 20/09/05 at 10:04
Regular
"Laughingstock"
There's not many entries for this one - so far.
Thu 15/09/05 at 18:07
Regular
"Cool!"
[I]And[I] this topic is very hard. I'm having trouble thinking of a story.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.