GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mascots..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 06/06/01 at 20:09
Regular
Every console or company has their own mascot, character etc to go with it. These are important to be in hit games. advertis and hype up marketing and to just look darn good!

nintendo has a lot of mascots for their consoles with a whole clan of them. The most well known is mario but still there are luigi, wario,DK, link and many more which I think is a good thing. Nintendo are now known for their character and know that they will be in some sweet games on the new console.

Sega have good the good old blue hedgehog who is celebrating his tenth birthday in a few weeks and was always the action hero. HE has some cool pals like Tails, knuckles and the very sexy Amy. WIth some cool lines and smooth moves he is definitely one of the toughest chracters around.

Sony has the one the only lara croft? or is it spyro? or solid snake? WEll sony do not seem to have one main mascot as lara has been seen on other consoles too, so who knows what theirs is at present.

Then we move onto microsoft or the Xbox. As of yet there do not seem to be any major character developments for the very net gen consoles and I don't have a clue who it will be as of yet. Heck, it could be bowl boy, the virtual Bill gates.....

The important thing is that most consoles have a team or just one main charcater(s) on their side especially for that company. We will usually see all of the charcewtrs in seperate games saving the world or the whole posse in one game which is always a blast.ALthough they could do a bit more with their charcters.....

What if there was a major character console war which appeared on all formats? I can only dream....

anyway mascots make the consoles great....

T_W
Wed 06/06/01 at 20:09
Every console or company has their own mascot, character etc to go with it. These are important to be in hit games. advertis and hype up marketing and to just look darn good!

nintendo has a lot of mascots for their consoles with a whole clan of them. The most well known is mario but still there are luigi, wario,DK, link and many more which I think is a good thing. Nintendo are now known for their character and know that they will be in some sweet games on the new console.

Sega have good the good old blue hedgehog who is celebrating his tenth birthday in a few weeks and was always the action hero. HE has some cool pals like Tails, knuckles and the very sexy Amy. WIth some cool lines and smooth moves he is definitely one of the toughest chracters around.

Sony has the one the only lara croft? or is it spyro? or solid snake? WEll sony do not seem to have one main mascot as lara has been seen on other consoles too, so who knows what theirs is at present.

Then we move onto microsoft or the Xbox. As of yet there do not seem to be any major character developments for the very net gen consoles and I don't have a clue who it will be as of yet. Heck, it could be bowl boy, the virtual Bill gates.....

The important thing is that most consoles have a team or just one main charcater(s) on their side especially for that company. We will usually see all of the charcewtrs in seperate games saving the world or the whole posse in one game which is always a blast.ALthough they could do a bit more with their charcters.....

What if there was a major character console war which appeared on all formats? I can only dream....

anyway mascots make the consoles great....

T_W
Wed 06/06/01 at 20:14
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Sexy Amy?????? errrr...she's a hedgehog. Sonic has no cool lines, he's a complete loser (still good games though), and Sony have no mascot as crash bandicoot is going to GameCube, Solid Snake has been on several consoles (just no recently) and as you say, Lara has also appeared on several consoles.

Oh and one more thing about sexy amy. Seek help!!!
Wed 06/06/01 at 20:21
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
Not quite consoles, but Linux blatently has the best logo of the Operating Systems...A window, an apple, or a penguin...

Long live Tux =)
Wed 06/06/01 at 20:22
I was joking mate. She does have cool music when she comes on sonic ad though... (joke) (:)
Wed 06/06/01 at 20:28
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Time_Warp wrote:
> I was joking mate. She does have cool music when she comes on sonic
> ad though... (joke) (:)

I realised you were joking. So was I about you needing help. Well you never know you may need help, I'm not sure. :)
Wed 06/06/01 at 20:45
Ok then.....
Wed 06/06/01 at 20:48
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
Time_Warp wrote:
> Every console or company has their own mascot, character etc to go
> with it. These are important to be in hit games. advertis and hype
> up marketing and to just look darn good!

nintendo has a lot of
> mascots for their consoles with a whole clan of them. The most well
> known is mario but still there are luigi, wario,DK, link and many
> more which I think is a good thing. Nintendo are now known for their
> character and know that they will be in some sweet games on the new
> console.

Sega have good the good old blue hedgehog who is
> celebrating his tenth birthday in a few weeks and was always the
> action hero. HE has some cool pals like Tails, knuckles and the very
> sexy Amy. WIth some cool lines and smooth moves he is definitely one
> of the toughest chracters around.

Sony has the one the only lara
> croft? or is it spyro? or solid snake? WEll sony do not seem to have
> one main mascot as lara has been seen on other consoles too, so who
> knows what theirs is at present.

Then we move onto microsoft or
> the Xbox. As of yet there do not seem to be any major character
> developments for the very net gen consoles and I don't have a clue
> who it will be as of yet. Heck, it could be bowl boy, the virtual
> Bill gates.....

The important thing is that most consoles have
> a team or just one main charcater(s) on their side especially for
> that company. We will usually see all of the charcewtrs in seperate
> games saving the world or the whole posse in one game which is
> always a blast.ALthough they could do a bit more with their
> charcters.....

What if there was a major character console war
> which appeared on all formats? I can only dream....

anyway
> mascots make the consoles great....

T_W

I think that Sony's mascot could be Rayman because it is an original game first made by Sony!

And for Nintendo what about Pikachu!

The XBOX's will probably be someone from Abe's oddessy!
Wed 06/06/01 at 20:59
Regular
"I like cheese"
I believe Sony's mascot is Crash Bandicoot.

Or it should be, anyway.
Wed 06/06/01 at 21:01
yeh but he wasn't a massive hit.
Wed 06/06/01 at 21:06
Regular
"I like cheese"
Time_Warp wrote:
> yeh but he wasn't a massive hit.

He was pretty big!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.