GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Clarkson on Katrina"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 10/09/05 at 13:06
"High polygon count"
If you fancy a laugh, it's worth buying/borrowing a copy of today's Sun and reading the Jeremy Clarkson column, which is all about Hurricane Katrina and the American response.

Yes, I know the low esteem in which the "newspaper" is held, but it really is worth a read. Hilariously funny, at the expense of the US government.
Tue 13/09/05 at 03:08
Regular
"8==="
Kawada wrote:
> Deary me, Boston will never be my spiritual home, it'd be my toilet
> but not my home :-D
>
> No no, it's the Mariners from Seattle

Ah well, can't win 'em all. :)
Tue 13/09/05 at 02:39
Regular
Heh, but where would we be without Crossing Jordan on our TV shows, with her pseudo Irish wannabe (lucky) charms?

And of course, many a time she's been caught up in one of the greatest sporting rivalries in all time, the Maine Blue Cars versus the San Houston Super-Tigers.

Go go the super tigers, that's what I say.
Tue 13/09/05 at 01:53
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Deary me, Boston will never be my spiritual home, it'd be my toilet but not my home :-D

No no, it's the Mariners from Seattle
Tue 13/09/05 at 01:51
Regular
"8==="
Mariners.... Boston?
Tue 13/09/05 at 01:43
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Bit much saying no one would have got that reference, it's one of the biggest rivalries in all of sport after all.

All you needed were the Mariners there Fix and that's my 3 favourite teams, plus my home and my 2 spiritual homes :-)
Tue 13/09/05 at 01:39
Regular
"8==="
I knew the team existed.

American culture permeates our life enough that a fair few people would know that.

Red Sox are a baseball team (without looking it up - you'll have to take my word on that).

New York Yankees, Toronto Blue Jays (canadian but what the hell). :)
Tue 13/09/05 at 01:30
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
It's a reference to an American sport, therefore nobody understands it properly. You may as well talk about Martian sports. You know what he's getting at by virtue of the very fact that he said it, but he could have made up a team and no one would have noticed.

...I think this may have lost something now it's had to be explained.
Tue 13/09/05 at 01:15
Regular
"8==="
What's there not to get?

Explain. :)
Tue 13/09/05 at 01:13
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Kawada wrote:
> Plus Kerry's a Red Sox fan (supposedly) a sure
> sign of evil :-D

Nobody gets this, I guarantee you.
Mon 12/09/05 at 21:43
Regular
"8==="
Hedfix wrote:
> Still deserves a pie in the face.

and after Portillo it has to be goose-stepping Morgan.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.