GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GTA SA to feature Two Player Mode!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas'.
Mon 11/10/04 at 20:19
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
This is from Gamesradar.com

Unconfirmed rumours currently doing the interweb rounds strongly suggest that GTA: San Andreas will feature a two-player mode - the first time a game in the GTA series has offered multiplayer support.

Whether such a mode would be based around vs or (as seems more likely) cooperative gameplay remains to be seen, as does whether it would be split-screen, feature two playable characters on a single screen or even require two PS2s to be linked up.

Rockstar were unavailable for comment at the time of writing and members of the games press who have actually played San Andreas have been signed up to watertight NDAs, so we may not actually find out whether the game includes a two-player mode or not until it's released. As soon as we have more on this story though, we'll let you know.

[URL]http://gamesradar.msn.co.uk/news/default.asp?pagetypeid=2&articleid=32231&subsectionid=1585[/URL]

Well, if thats true then I cant wait!
Fri 15/10/04 at 21:31
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
as long as it's not any longer than the loading times in GTA3 i'll be satisfied
Fri 15/10/04 at 21:14
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
It only loads when you enter a building. But yea, I'll believe that when I see it.
Fri 15/10/04 at 19:52
"period drama"
AhahahAhAHahHAhAhAaaaarrr-de-dar

No loading times?
Utter shitewash.

An area 3 times as big as Vice City, with a bloody huge mountain in the middle - and there's not going to be any loading. And I suppose it'll all move along smoothly at 60fps as well.

*wipes tear*

oh my
Fri 15/10/04 at 11:13
Regular
"gsybe you!"
?!
Fri 15/10/04 at 11:08
Regular
"Bicycle"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Ouch.
> The PS2's gonna be suffering massive internal bleeding just loading 1
> city, let alone 2 at the same time.

Apparently no loading times.

Sounds so good.
Fri 15/10/04 at 10:40
Regular
"gsybe you!"
That's interesting........I don't really see how much that's going to add to the game to be honest - limited missions and most likely it'll be 'two people randomly killing people instead of one'. All the game has to do is double the amount of baddies.
Fri 15/10/04 at 09:00
Regular
"Foxes 4 Ever!!!"
Lou Role wrote:
> Reynolds wrote:
> I really do hope this is just a rumour as i think a two player mode
> would be terrible.
>
> You don't need to play the two-player mode then, other people might
> want to.

I hear what you are saying but my point is SOME games are just meant for 1 player and this is one of them.
Fri 15/10/04 at 08:14
Regular
As long as, like Reefer said, it isn't required to get 100% completion.

I still don't know how they can pull it off - split screen? Ugh, God no. Both on same screen? I hate that, as you're restricted from where to go by your teammate. Link-up? Not everyone can do that - plus, you have to muck around wheeling another TV into the room. Now, if they did Wireless link-up (802.11g/g+), it'd be sweet as.
Thu 14/10/04 at 23:41
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Reynolds wrote:
> I really do hope this is just a rumour as i think a two player mode
> would be terrible.

You don't need to play the two-player mode then, other people might want to.
Thu 14/10/04 at 21:23
Regular
I really hope that not participating in 2-player missions will not enable you to get 100% completion. That would SUCK!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.