GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I got my new laptop"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 08/09/05 at 16:09
Regular
"bit of a brain"
And it's absolutely fantastic. So far I've played Rome:Total War and it an in super high with no issues at all and it looked lovely. Next on the agenda is installing Half Life 2 and seeing how well I can play it with a touchpad. Oh yes. I really need a USB mouse. After that I'm going to buy Battlefield 2 and whip all you cads into shape.

Anyway I got an Acer travelmate 8104WLMi, and it's absolutely superb. The widescreen is fantastic and Acer GridVista is a great tool for managing lots of windows at once. So I'm very happy indeed! Anyone looking for a great laptop I reccommend this. It was 1400 squids which is quite a lot but I reckon it's worth it.
Thu 08/09/05 at 18:28
Regular
"8==="
Yeah, like you have £500. :P
Thu 08/09/05 at 18:30
Regular
"bot"
I did...not anymore though :' {
Thu 08/09/05 at 18:31
Regular
"8==="
It was used for a down-payment on a laptop wasn't it?

There there. :'{
Thu 08/09/05 at 20:38
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Yeah so I hate Steam. It decided to instal some files which fatally crash Windows 10 seconds into startup. Balls I say. So now I'm using my Recovery CDs to wipe the harddrive and get Valve and their stupid system off my computer forever (until I install HL2 again)
Thu 08/09/05 at 21:16
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I was meant to be moving abroad thats why I got one.

But I never... now my desk has more room. I win.

Oh and maybe you could something close to this if you built your own for £500 but I'm stupid so couldn't.
Thu 08/09/05 at 21:18
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I considered getting a desktop but it would be a big ole hassle to transport it between uni and home for holidays and the odd weekends and stuff. Also after Uni I may go travelling (or during Uni who knows), and a desktop wouldn't be much use then.

Although I do remember someone on here suggesting a desktop to someone saying they needed a laptop for a round the world trip.
Thu 08/09/05 at 21:21
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Haha, somebody said that to me.

" I'm going to Germany "
" So, get desktop n00b "
Thu 08/09/05 at 21:30
Regular
"bit of a brain"
They're just desperate to make suggestions for components. It gives them an excuse to be on OCUK.
Fri 09/09/05 at 00:02
Regular
"NULL"
To be fair, I've spent one year at Uni with my 50kg beast of a desktop, and I'm getting myself a laptop for next year. It's just got so many advantages (although admittedly it does have it's disadvantages as well).
Fri 09/09/05 at 12:33
Regular
"bot"
SHEEPY wrote:
> Oh and maybe you could something close to this if you built your own
> for £500 but I'm stupid so couldn't.

if by "close" you mean "better", then yes.
I'm sorry gerrid, but £1400 for that spec just seems like a massive rip-off to me.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.