GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I got my new laptop"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 08/09/05 at 16:09
Regular
"bit of a brain"
And it's absolutely fantastic. So far I've played Rome:Total War and it an in super high with no issues at all and it looked lovely. Next on the agenda is installing Half Life 2 and seeing how well I can play it with a touchpad. Oh yes. I really need a USB mouse. After that I'm going to buy Battlefield 2 and whip all you cads into shape.

Anyway I got an Acer travelmate 8104WLMi, and it's absolutely superb. The widescreen is fantastic and Acer GridVista is a great tool for managing lots of windows at once. So I'm very happy indeed! Anyone looking for a great laptop I reccommend this. It was 1400 squids which is quite a lot but I reckon it's worth it.
Wed 14/09/05 at 01:54
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Haha

It had like a 16mb graphics card but I thought it was good because it was Radeon.

Then I figured I should maybe read up on computer stuff.
Sun 11/09/05 at 22:31
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
SHEEPY wrote:
> Whatever dudes
>
> My laptop is the pwnzer ownsser n000b

Tell them about the first one you bought. ;)
Sun 11/09/05 at 19:12
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
SHEEPY wrote:
> Yeah, its good for what you want.
>
> I fancied playing games on mine as my desktop was dead.

I went the other way round, laptop for working after blowing up my Desktop (did have my T2 but it's way to small for working on), then next week, uber leet desktop is being ordered...

Gaming lappy's are great, till you need to upgrade them. Does yours have replaceable PCIe GFX?
Sun 11/09/05 at 17:40
Regular
"NULL"
If I wanna play games, I can always take my desktop back to Uni as well, cos this is still fine for playing any game around atm:

AMD64 3200+
1GB PC3500 Geil Memory (2x 512)
Hercules 256MB 9800XT

Not ultimate top spec any more, but not bad considering it's just coming up to 18 months old.
Sun 11/09/05 at 17:20
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Yeah, its good for what you want.

I fancied playing games on mine as my desktop was dead.
Sun 11/09/05 at 16:44
Regular
"NULL"
Well, the money I save by not buying something superfluous to my needs is to be well spent on alcohol.
Sun 11/09/05 at 16:27
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Whatever dudes

My laptop is the pwnzer ownsser n000b
Sun 11/09/05 at 16:26
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
SHEEPY wrote:
> That's not bad.
>
> You kind of want 1G though and a better processor.

Why would he need a better processor? I have the AMD ML-28 Turion 64 1.6 and I find it way faster than the PentiumŪ M Processor that I have in my Panasonic T2.

Looking at taking mine up to 1GB though as it does start to struggle a little with PS/DW/TS/FF/IE/FWK all open at the same time across dual screens.
Sun 11/09/05 at 15:00
Regular
"NULL"
SHEEPY wrote:
> Yeah for the one below.

I don't need 1GB RAM or a faster processor. 512MB is plenty for surfing, web development, Uni coursework, listening to music and watching films.
Sun 11/09/05 at 13:42
Regular
"Excommunicated"
You forgot a question mark.
You stupid boy.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.