GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"THE ELECTION!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 06/06/01 at 18:41
Regular
Ok it's very very close now.
Opinion polls reckon Labour will win but the gap of Labour winning is now narrowing. Hague or Blair are most likely to be the ones who win.

So what is going to happen?
Are people going to not turn out to vote and alter all the election polls making a suprise victory?

Are people going to turn to the Tories after hearing that awful song "Lifted" one time too many blaring from a labour car? (Don't they have any other songs?!!)

Will we have a new leader in the next week?
Will they actually do anything that makes a difference to our lives? Probably not..
Wed 06/06/01 at 23:26
Regular
Armatige Shanks wrote:

If Scotland became
> independant, the computer industry would compy that of Ireland...
>

Once you have a degree in Computer Science/Software Dev/Games
> Creation/etc... software companies, et al. will spend a lot of their
> time deprogramming what you've learnt at the uni, and re-teaching
> you their way of doing things... This is why so many companies
> actually prefer to hire IT people who have taken non-computer
> degrees... its cheaper to train them up...

Could this be why the degree at Abertay, the only one of it's kind in the UK is partly set up and run by DMA design??? Those are the guys behind the GTA games. Abertay also has the IC Cave, a suite designed for the production of computer games which was built with the support of the Scottish Games Alliance and is available for any of the member companies to use. The suite is being extended at the moment to include a Motion Capture studio. Microsoft vice-president of the Xbox project in Europe Steve Gibson, who hails from Dundee, donated Xbox dev kits to the University only two weeks ago when he was holding a conference with the SGA, I think that you might find that Scotland is better placed on the Games map than you would think. Sony, Rare and EA are all considering opening studios in Dundee to hopefully join the SGA and become part of the new games culture in Scotland.

This degree has put Dundee on tha map and inward investment from the SGA has seen Abertay create one of the most sofisticated Computer Sciences departments in the UK, and the only University which actually teaches people how to program on the Playstation as a base module in the corse.
Wed 06/06/01 at 22:34
If a SHEEP can vote Labour then so can I !

Wait I dont have a vote slip, Doh :-(
Wed 06/06/01 at 22:21
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Dan uk wrote:
> RastaBillySkank wrote:
> I don't care wo wins as long as it's
> not William Hague. Bald headed
> git

Uh, uh! Bald headed
> CHEESY git.

Have you seen that sarmy grin he puts on when he
> tries to take the mick out of Labour.

I'd like to point out to
> everyone who think that Labour are doing a bad job.

The
> conservatives would be even worse.

And the Lib. Dems aren't being
> very realistic (although I still like their policies.)

Basic views of myself there Dan!
Wed 06/06/01 at 22:19
Theyre all corrupt, the problem with our political system is that its run from Councils...not Parliment. The corruption is at the Council Level, this basically means that it doesnt matter who you vote for unless theyre going to reform Councils and Government Agencys (And thats not going to happen because there buddies are in councils).

Yould be suprised how much corruption their is, Councellors have control over planning permission etc... have you ever wondered why they have £500 000 mansions on a £30 000 wage, well the big contract builders make it sweet.

As for the house of Lords, bunch of pompous aristocratic ****holes...As for the Royal family, the same.

At least Blair has slightly reformed the House of Lords.
Hague is Gay, Conservative Rumour ;-)
Kennedy seems like a nice guy a pitty he didnt do more to get himself in the public limelight more.

As for me Im not voting because the idiots havent sent me a voting slip. Democracy...pppwwwrrpphh, this Monarchy is a joke!
Wed 06/06/01 at 22:03
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Bonus wrote:
> An independent Scotland would fair well in the
> International market with the Scottish Games Alliance expanding al
> of the time and with one of the best Computer Games Technology
> degrees in the world at Abertay in Dundee, a General and Devolved
> election has more bearing upon the Future of Gaming than you could
> imagine!

If Scotland became independant, the computer industry would compy that of Ireland...

Once you have a degree in Computer Science/Software Dev/Games Creation/etc... software companies, et al. will spend a lot of their time deprogramming what you've learnt at the uni, and re-teaching you their way of doing things... This is why so many companies actually prefer to hire IT people who have taken non-computer degrees... its cheaper to train them up...

Since although manufacturing plants would be setup in the country... most of the development would be done by contractors... primarily brought in from England... You wont be able to go anywhere in Scotland without bumping into an English bloke... :)
Wed 06/06/01 at 21:32
Regular
RastaBillySkank wrote:
> I don't care wo wins as long as it's not William Hague. Bald headed
> git

Uh, uh! Bald headed CHEESY git.

Have you seen that sarmy grin he puts on when he tries to take the mick out of Labour.

I'd like to point out to everyone who think that Labour are doing a bad job.

The conservatives would be even worse.

And the Lib. Dems aren't being very realistic (although I still like their policies.)
Wed 06/06/01 at 21:25
Regular
Not Tony Blair, i think William Hague ain't that bad, some kids are real bad behind the bloody labour Education system!
Wed 06/06/01 at 21:20
Regular
"You've upset me"
I don't care wo wins as long as it's not William Hague. Bald headed git
Wed 06/06/01 at 21:14
yeh, tony bla.... Nah! time_warp for naotable.

I will offer you funky topics names..
Wed 06/06/01 at 21:11
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Tony Blair for Noteable!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.