GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"THE ELECTION!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 06/06/01 at 18:41
Regular
Ok it's very very close now.
Opinion polls reckon Labour will win but the gap of Labour winning is now narrowing. Hague or Blair are most likely to be the ones who win.

So what is going to happen?
Are people going to not turn out to vote and alter all the election polls making a suprise victory?

Are people going to turn to the Tories after hearing that awful song "Lifted" one time too many blaring from a labour car? (Don't they have any other songs?!!)

Will we have a new leader in the next week?
Will they actually do anything that makes a difference to our lives? Probably not..
Wed 06/06/01 at 18:41
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
Ok it's very very close now.
Opinion polls reckon Labour will win but the gap of Labour winning is now narrowing. Hague or Blair are most likely to be the ones who win.

So what is going to happen?
Are people going to not turn out to vote and alter all the election polls making a suprise victory?

Are people going to turn to the Tories after hearing that awful song "Lifted" one time too many blaring from a labour car? (Don't they have any other songs?!!)

Will they actually do anything that makes a difference to our lives? Probably not..
Wed 06/06/01 at 18:44
Regular
SNP, SNP, SNP.....
Wed 06/06/01 at 18:44
I am sorry, but I don't see this as the future of gaming.
Wed 06/06/01 at 18:47
Regular
"MJ:Newbie Hunter!"
Rakuga wrote:
> Ok it's very very close now.
Opinion polls reckon Labour will win
> but the gap of Labour winning is now narrowing. Hague or Blair are
> most likely to be the ones who win.

What are you on about. Er-no, Turbonutter or The Game are most likely to win.

So what is going to
> happen?
Are people going to not turn out to vote and alter all the
> election polls making a suprise victory?

Why wouldn't they vote. All they have to do is go to the voting forum.

Are people going to turn
> to the Tories after hearing that awful song "Lifted" one
> time too many blaring from a labour car? (Don't they have any other
> songs?!!)

Yeah they have the Zelda theme and that annoying tetris ditty.

Will they
> actually do anything that makes a difference to our lives? Probably
> not..

Leader? I prefer to call them Notables. No they will probably not make a difference but they would all like to be Notables.

LOL. Are you sure you know what our election is about.
Wed 06/06/01 at 18:50
Regular
I think you might find that an election is very important to the future prosperity of business in the UK. Computer Games are one such business and the levels of tax and duties imposed upon them may make them decide to move elsewhere or sell up to bigger corporations. An independent Scotland would fair well in the International market with the Scottish Games Alliance expanding al of the time and with one of the best Computer Games Technology degrees in the world at Abertay in Dundee, a General and Devolved election has more bearing upon the Future of Gaming than you could imagine!
Wed 06/06/01 at 18:53
Regular
"MJ:Newbie Hunter!"
Maybe that is a good point Bonus, but do you really think that it isan interesting thread? I thought not. some people maybe do but I definately don't.
Wed 06/06/01 at 18:54
Regular
I think that if you do not find politics interesting then you are too young to vote or aren't Scottish and enduring a quest for independence!!
Wed 06/06/01 at 18:55
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
That was quite short but i still couldn't be bothered to read it. Sorry.
Wed 06/06/01 at 18:55
Regular
"Bring back Mullets"
Have you seen a labour party political broadcast or whatever it is. That thing is pure cheese. Vote on Friday, its the best thing you can do for your community. Yeah right! Give blood anyday! Why hasn't anyone campaigned in this style to become a notable? It would be good to see who could spin off the most cheesy campaign line and I wonder if anyone can get near Tony Blair.
Wed 06/06/01 at 18:59
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
I hope for the Conservatives or the Lib. Dems.!

We just did a Voting kind of thing in our school this mornin where three people that were represening each party stood up and with their own speech added what each party would do.

The conservatives-
-Might consider turning to the Euro which means that prices COULD go down.
-Own clothes instead of uniform like the rest of Europe!

The Liberal Democrats-
-I kinda drifted off to sleep during this speech of honesty but kinda perked up when I heard no bus fares until 19! YES!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.