GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Confused over Ebay sale..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 06/09/05 at 13:58
Regular
Right, some guy has bought this off me on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ViewItem&item=8215759449

And he emailed me to say that he was paying by cheque.

So today I get a postal order for £4.00, and i can assume it is from him because I've had payment and evidence from the three other games I have sold.

So, firstly, why has he payed me £4.00 instead of £3.90? And why a postal order and not a cheque as he said?

Secondly, I've looked at his address from his email and it is as follows:

Edit - Yeah, Im an idiot.

Africa? and Essex? WTF?

The Postal Order is stamped as from Harwich, Essex, but why is Africa in his address if he's living in Essex?

I've emailed him today so I'll see what he says but is this a scam?
Tue 06/09/05 at 14:13
Regular
The Wardy wrote:
> Yeah i would be a bit p!ssed off if someone was giving out my address
> on a forum

Ahaha, yeah, didn't think about that.

Maybe I should edit it...
Tue 06/09/05 at 14:12
Regular
Yeah, I'll see what he says but his feedback also concerns me slightly, all of the negative ones that have dinted his positive feedback rating have been removed...
Tue 06/09/05 at 14:12
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
Yeah i would be a bit p!ssed off if someone was giving out my address on a forum
Tue 06/09/05 at 14:11
Regular
"bot"
hahahaha I love this thread
Tue 06/09/05 at 14:11
"period drama"
Wel, if you've got your money, then send him his game ...
Tue 06/09/05 at 14:10
Regular
"8==="
I assume 'AFRICA' is the name of his house.

Now if that's his real address take it off here because that's bad. :P
Tue 06/09/05 at 14:10
Regular
"Get It?Got It?Good!"
If he has sent you the money then it seems that he is pretty genuine. If i wanted to scam someone i wouldnt start by giving them my money.

Just send it to that address and then its his own fault if he entered the wrong address.
Tue 06/09/05 at 14:08
Regular
"Woke up this mornin"
Buying a £4 PO is easier - with odd amounts you have to stick on stamps to get to correct amount in pence. Just cash his PO and pretend you've never heard of him if he enquires ;)
Tue 06/09/05 at 13:58
Regular
Right, some guy has bought this off me on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ViewItem&item=8215759449

And he emailed me to say that he was paying by cheque.

So today I get a postal order for £4.00, and i can assume it is from him because I've had payment and evidence from the three other games I have sold.

So, firstly, why has he payed me £4.00 instead of £3.90? And why a postal order and not a cheque as he said?

Secondly, I've looked at his address from his email and it is as follows:

Edit - Yeah, Im an idiot.

Africa? and Essex? WTF?

The Postal Order is stamped as from Harwich, Essex, but why is Africa in his address if he's living in Essex?

I've emailed him today so I'll see what he says but is this a scam?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.