GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Wrap me up."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 05/09/05 at 19:50
Regular
Right, Rap isn't my usual flavour/variety/colour of music in general so I'm calling out to all you lovely people to give me a hand.

Basically, I have the following artists on my winamp that fall into this category and I would like people to recommend me artists that are similar/you think I may like. Bear in mind that my preference to the artist is indicated by how early I mention them, so obviously the last one mentioned is my least favourite.

Handsome Boy Modelling School (bit of a dodgy one there, but I'd class it in this genre)
Jedi Mind Tricks
RJD2
Kanye West
Tribe Called Quest

As you can see it's a pretty much blank canvas to work with, so if you fancy having the opportunity to mould my taste in this genre a little then don't hesitate to recommend.

Much love to everyone in advance.

[edit] A quick note to make, I'm really bad at putting artists etc. in genres so when I say rap I'm kind of generalising so don't worry if the artist doesn't actually fit "rap".
Tue 06/09/05 at 14:30
Regular
"Less chat...More ha"
Also try 'Bizzare Ride II' by the Pharcyde!

"The bud not the beer cause the bud makes me wiser!"
Tue 06/09/05 at 14:27
Regular
"Less chat...More ha"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Judging by that you'd probably do well to check out...
>
> Talib Kweli
> Common
> The Roots
> Jurassic 5
> Pharoahe Monch
> Slum Village

I second this list!

Possibly adding Mos Def, Blackstar, De la Soul, Beastie Boys (stick to Check your head & Ill communication) and maybe Cypress Hill (a little different but Black Sunday is an amazing album)

Also I know you included A tribe Called Quest, but if you havent listened to 'Midnight Marauders' do so!
Tue 06/09/05 at 11:42
Regular
"Woke up this mornin"
The Herbaliser.
Mon 05/09/05 at 23:45
"slightlyshortertagl"
Yuh, the Mitchells album is good in bits, but lacks majorly in other.

I still love Routine Check :)

They were supporting John Legend on Friday at Brixton, they did their best, unfortunately, the crowd gave them no support of any sort, and most people just stood around, screwfaced. Felt sorry for them.
Mon 05/09/05 at 22:16
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
I got the Mitchell Brothers album today. IT's excellent in parts and a bit lame in others. Check out:

She's got it all wrong
Alone with the TV
Don't try this at home
G.o.r.g.i.e - If you've ever claimed job seekers

Also you need some Beastie Boys, Roots, Run DMC, Jurassic 5, Public Enemy, and call me a sucker but some old school Fresh Prince and Jazzy Jeff (Time to chill is a cool tune), and Kid'n'Play.
Mon 05/09/05 at 20:35
"slightlyshortertagl"
UK Hip Hop.

Klashnekoff
Jehst
Tommy Evans

:)
Mon 05/09/05 at 20:33
Regular
"gsybe you!"
In my infinite rap knowledge, RATM, Run DMC and Beastie Boys come top.

I know all.

Well yeah, I like those, but I do like Jurassic 5 and some other stuff.
Mon 05/09/05 at 20:27
Regular
I've heard 3/4 of RATM's albums and they are indeed wonderful, don't know why I don't own a copy of them myself though. Thanks for the reminder.
Mon 05/09/05 at 20:25
Regular
Aye, R.A.T.M are awsome.
Mon 05/09/05 at 20:24
Regular
If you like R.A.T.M I'd suggest that you snap up a copy of the self-title album IMMEDITAELY (if you haven't already)

Battle for Los Angeles was similarly packed with Rise goodness, but the songs failed to impress me in the same way as things such as 'Township Rebellion', 'Freedom' and 'Bullet in the Head'.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.