GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Jaws"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 05/09/05 at 17:24
Regular
Did anyone watch it last night? Haven't seen this film in ages. It was pretty awsome.
Tue 06/09/05 at 21:07
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Yeah it is his first. Sweet film.

"I'm gonna beat him on the grade! I'm gonna beat him on the grade!!"
Tue 06/09/05 at 20:18
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Any of you who enjoyed Jaws should really check out Duel. I think it was Spielberg's first movie.

The two movies have quite a bit in common. The tension is built slowly in the same way and the antagonist of the movie is always shrouded in mystery. The score and the general atmosphere are also remarkably similar.
Tue 06/09/05 at 20:01
"LOLLERSKATES!"
I've seen jaws and jaws 3, and jaws 3 was terrible.
Tue 06/09/05 at 18:37
Regular
Therein lies the magic, the viewer knows there is something like a giant Shark out there but they don't really feel the need to see it, where as some films in the same genre cannot be watched without at least glimpsing the film's subject.

You also have to remember, though, that Jaws still has action without the Shark being seen. The first murder occurs less than five minutes into the film and it's these attacks combined with the search for the Shark which make the film develop in such an atmospheric manner.

I may have seen Jaws 2, on reflection, as I remember a scene with the Police Chief sitting ontop of a Lifeguard's chair and thinking a large shoal of fish was the Shark.
Tue 06/09/05 at 17:16
Regular
I only realised the other night that the film is going for nearly an hour (ad breaks included) before you even see Jaws.

That just wouldn't happen nowadays and I think it definitely helps build up the tension and suspense.
Tue 06/09/05 at 11:58
Regular
I didn't like Jaws.
Tue 06/09/05 at 11:48
Regular
"lets go back"
I thought I'd post this in here rather than start a Jaws 5 thread.....
(dont get excited, its not in production)

I was watching the making of Jaws 2 a few nights ago and apparently the original idea was a prequel bassed on Quins monologue about the submarine attack. They decided against it back then, but I think they could make it work quite well now. They could even get Tarentino in the directors chair and have some full on bloodshed.
Tue 06/09/05 at 11:40
Regular
"lets go back"
Id already bought the DVD before I realised it was on. Its such a great film so I dont mind too much. I also bought the box set of Jaws 2-4. They (2 and 4 should I say) just arent as good as the original but are still ok to watch for a bit more shark action. Number 3 is awful and is quite possibly one of hte worst films I've ever seen. Its only mild saving grace is that Hatchet Harry from Lock Stock is in it, which made me laugh when he called someone Guv'nor.
Mon 05/09/05 at 20:15
Regular
I watched most of it but lost interest half way through so I didn't really pay much attention as it went on. Probably because I've seen it a hell of a lot, but it doesn't stop it being a great film, just not one which I can watch over and over again.
Mon 05/09/05 at 18:41
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Yes it was.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.