GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Extermination - out now?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 06/06/01 at 15:11
Regular
Just got this in an e-mail from Sony. It's from the UK list, and so should be the UK launch date... is it out today?

-----

The U.S. Government has announced the discovery of a new and highly destructive PlayStation® virus. It has not as yet been found amongst the population at large but can be expected soon. Our sources lead us to believe that June 6th is the most likely day of release.

It is imperative that all military personnel and PlayStation®2 owners familiarise themselves with this extraterrestrial source of infection.

Further details can be found at http://www.scee.com/extermination

A quick identification and education guide in the form of a screen saver can and should be downloaded.

No one should underestimate the virulence of this infection and all efforts should be made to both prevent further contamination and to spread awareness of this virus.

Your complete attention and compliance is mandatory.
Mon 11/06/01 at 14:07
What an awesome game!! I'm stuck Though?

Does anyone know what to do after your recon team mates leave in the chopper? I've gone down the stairs to the fitration area but can't get anywhere else. please help!!!
Sat 09/06/01 at 23:37
it is a brilliant game,has elements of all top games such as resi evil and metal gear ..
Sat 09/06/01 at 22:58
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
I havent had uch time to play it as Iam revising for A-Level exams. On 18th on June I can spend time playing it. My friend played it today and got to the bit with the water and electric. The train seemed to easy as you had enough time to get out of the way.

I would say to people if you love survial horror games you will like this. If you want a intense action game then get this, if you like a few puzzels in a game then get this. From what I have seen this game is very good.
Sat 09/06/01 at 10:25
Regular
"Whatever!"
I havent played Extermination for very long but what I have played it seems like a great game!! Plays very much like Resident Evil, with similar sort of puzzles to solve. The environments are huge and all look amazing, they are fully 3-D like in Code Veronica - not the pre rendered backdrops like in earlier Res Evil titles!!
The story is well put together and the cut scenes dont take anything away from the action. I can see what they mean about panic action gameplay, a few situations you have about a split second to make a decision, which makes it all the more enjoyable. At times the action seems a bit shallow, I mean it takes ages before you encounter a big mutated creature but its enough to keep you on edge.
I like it - Its great from what Ive played so far and if you like survival horror this will be right up your street!!
Thu 07/06/01 at 12:10
Regular
Nope, it basically just gives you acess to a modified site map and a few extra things about the PSOne
Thu 07/06/01 at 11:27
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Is the registered user site any good?
Thu 07/06/01 at 10:30
Regular
I registered on Sony's site. www.scee.com, in the top right hand corner are 4 little boxes, the third one along is register, that way you can also acess the registered users section of the site.
Thu 07/06/01 at 10:04
"High polygon count"
I don't actually remember ever signing up for one. I think they got my e-mail address from the registration cards I've sent in.
Thu 07/06/01 at 09:51
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Where do you sign up to get the email newsletters from Sony?

Has anyone got there copy of Extermination yet. I hopefully will get it in the post tommorow.
Wed 06/06/01 at 18:47
Regular
"Whatever!"
I got the same message this morning and as gullable as I am thought also that is was an actual warning - Still cant wait to get my copy!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.