GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Garden State"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 05/09/05 at 09:01
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Just...muh...don't! A shameless collection of cliched Hollywood romance moments, with the funny bloke from Scrubs doing the annoying sentimental bits from Scrubs for an hour and a half. Pretty boring. Why is everyone fawning over this?
Sat 10/09/05 at 16:36
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
No, that is why it's called Garden State, surely? Rather than "Largeman's Arc" as it was originally called. I'm afraid you'll have to explain any other significance of the title.
Thu 08/09/05 at 20:18
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
RastaBillySkank wrote:
> J-42 wrote:
> Ever wondered why it's called "Garden State"?
>
> ... Because it's set in Jersey?

Heh, if only.
Thu 08/09/05 at 19:41
Regular
Script can be a little suspect at times but otherwise it's excellent.

Actually found it refreshingly different, to be honest.
Tue 06/09/05 at 20:18
Regular
"You've upset me"
J-42 wrote:
> Ever wondered why it's called "Garden State"?

... Because it's set in Jersey?
Tue 06/09/05 at 19:29
Regular
"Selected"
But when you lose, you get gang-banged.

Unlucky.
Tue 06/09/05 at 19:26
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Ah well, I just didn't get along with it. You win some, you lose some.
Tue 06/09/05 at 17:43
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
I thought it was awesome.

Hollywood cliches?

I disagree. It's so hard to make an original romance film without it being labelled Holloywood or cliched. The reality is that Hollywood have made hundreds of romance films, covering virtually all aspects of the genre, which makes it easy for someone to say that a film like Garden State is cliched. If you think about it, there is possibly only one thing that could be passed off as cliched, which as Snuggly said, was the ending. BUT - It's only a happy ending, and any other wouldn't fit the film.

Also, underneath the love story is the progression of Andrew Largeman as a person, which apply to life in general and provoke questions as a result. Ever wondered why it's called "Garden State"?
Tue 06/09/05 at 05:49
Regular
Gosh..I hope that hasn't been saving received files. Heh.
Tue 06/09/05 at 03:14
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
Erm, whoops. That was me, not Grix, the dirty commie's been stealing my laptop again.
Tue 06/09/05 at 03:12
Regular
I watched it between the hours of 4:30-6:00am after a party which had just about died, was fairly good to just mong out to. Everyone else there loved it, I found it fairly enjoyable but unstunning. Worth watching someone else's copy, yes.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.