GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Right..."

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 05/09/05 at 02:10
Regular
[URL]http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0000C0SOQ/qid=1125881822/sr=8-10/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i10_xgl/026-8443140-2657203[/URL]

I want this card and know nothing about computers. I want to know if it will run smothly on this pc [URL]http://www.packardbell.co.uk/products/node1601.asp?partNumber=P842004501[/URL]

Please, do tell...

Or name some alternative and better cards that are exactly the same price or cheaper.

Thanks all.
Tue 06/09/05 at 11:57
Regular
"bot"
do NOT buy an FX5200.
I believe 256mb AGP Radeon X700s are around the £70 mark, I suggest waiting until you have the £60, then waiting a little longer.
Tue 06/09/05 at 07:04
Regular
"Bicycle"
Haha. Naruto pwns all your anime.
Mon 05/09/05 at 16:57
Regular
Oriental Rib wrote:
> For the PC it's too late, and it was bought about 2 years ago now,
> back when I was naive and knew nothing about computers. If you can
> reccomend a better computer for £400 or under i'll buy
> it...possibly.

Buy parts seperately, and you'll be able to get a good pc for that, if you look on the right websites, all you'll need to do is get someone to build the computer.
Mon 05/09/05 at 12:53
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Please don't buy that card. You'd do so much better saving up some money and buying a Radeon 9800Pro or something like that. Because if you buy an FX5200 you're pretty much throwing £35 down the drain.

Also I wouldn't hope to be playing any games on that computer. It has a Celeron processor for a start.

I'm actually quite upset that that Packard Bell costs £599.
Mon 05/09/05 at 03:34
Regular
OH thank god you gave me something to do, I was actually hunting insects with flea spray.
Mon 05/09/05 at 03:30
Regular
"Captain to you."
I am not too clued up on the range of graphics cards around the price.

I suggest a look around Tom's hardware for benchmarks when people suggest some to see how they match up. [URL]http://www.tomshardware.com/index.html[/URL]
Mon 05/09/05 at 03:08
Regular
Umm i'd say £60 tops in about 2 weeks, no real source on income y'see. But still sure if I had to upgrade i'd need a new fan and crap wouldn't I? Problem is even when it comes to choosing a graphics card all I understand is the 256 or the 128 bit. I'm not looking for something revolutionary, infact playing Neverwinter Nights smoothly would do be a treat.
Mon 05/09/05 at 03:06
Regular
"Captain to you."
small village/hamlet heavy if it's really emotional.

If you don't do a computer upgrade whats your graphics card budget?
Mon 05/09/05 at 02:59
Regular
I would, but I once tried to install an Ethernet card and my PC wouldn't turn on afterwards, it still had it's power source but it wouldn't turn on. So I though "Hmmmm this tiny plastic object could be the problem" and then my pc would turn on, just crash and reboot when windows tried to load. Still I found the plastic thing and fixed it. Also I destroyed my old laptop by trying to 'fix' it.

So yeah i'd probably be wasting £400

And is it like paper heavy or like jetplane heavy?
Mon 05/09/05 at 02:56
Regular
"Captain to you."
I lift heavy things or crush stuff with my bare hands from time to time.

You might be hard pushed to get a full system for £400 unless your can put it together yourself as it works out a lot cheaper to do it what way.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.