GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"More confessionals of the retarded kind."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 04/09/05 at 20:25
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Something on X-Factor made me laugh.

Bad enough that it's on (girlfriend and family watch it), but I didn't have my headphones on loud enough to drown it out.

Anyway, cut to the chase, it was a Simon Cowell putdown. "You wouldn't win if you were the only person that turned up." He laughed as he was saying it, which made me laugh too.

Apart from that it's dire, don't know why people watch it and can't see that it's all a sham - as if they'd pick the gay giant with the hump, or the twins conjoined at the willy. No matter how well they can do a duet of "My Little Ding-A-Ling".
Mon 05/09/05 at 18:11
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Personally I take great pleasure in watching deluded chavs and gelled-up pretty boys having their hopes and dreams stamped on by a man with trousers round his armpits - I find it tremendously enjoyable that someone is finally telling these people, in so many words, YOU ARE NOT TALENTED AND NEVER WILL BE.

It's when the rest begins and you realise it's all a big money making exercise when you're supposed to turn off. They should just hold loads of auditions, and those who get through are shown through a door which just leads to a huge canyon, which they fall into. 12 weeks of that.
Mon 05/09/05 at 17:24
Regular
"Better Than You"
I just watch the first round auditions so I can laugh at all the rubbish people, then it gets boring so I stop watching.
Mon 05/09/05 at 17:22
Regular
"0228"
The put downs aren't the funny bit, it's the reactions of the people that he says them too. Some of them are awful yet seriously believe they have a chance to win and when they get told they can't sing the results can be entertaining.
Mon 05/09/05 at 17:17
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
I saw it once, thinking "okay Cowell, let's see your acerbic put downs that people rave about." What I got was roughly Anne Robinson standards, ie, not worth wasting the breath required to say it. The person who finds it funniest is the one who says it.

This might have been Popstars/Idol, I'm not sure.
Sun 04/09/05 at 21:20
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Sad but true.

One of my mates turns up late most Saturdays for a night on the razz as he's "been watching X-Factor.
Sun 04/09/05 at 20:57
Regular
well yeah, the actual live singing ones suck, unless they got someone truly amazing on it, but a budding Jeff Buckley isnt going to pimp himself out on the X Factor, is he?
Sun 04/09/05 at 20:53
Regular
"0228"
Mystique wrote:
> I have to admit I do enjoy watching the auditions purely because I get
> some sort of sick satisfaction out of seeing the judges reduce even
> the cockyest of chavs into tears.

Same for me. Once we get past the audition stages it's not worth watching though.
Sun 04/09/05 at 20:49
Regular
I have to admit I do enjoy watching the auditions purely because I get some sort of sick satisfaction out of seeing the judges reduce even the cockyest of chavs into tears.
Sun 04/09/05 at 20:45
Regular
"The definitive tag"
I watched a couple of the early episodes last year. There was a woman who must've been about eighty years old doing an audition. They played some footage of her afterwards being helped up some stairs, it was ball-achingly funny.

That's the only reason to watch the show really. Once all of the crappers are gone then it becomes boring because I don't care about some chav who happens to have a nice voice.
Sun 04/09/05 at 20:44
Regular
It is entertaining though - like that 16 year old black kid with the lisp, who had a great voice, that was really heart-warming to watch, and all the utter freaks, like the guy who thought he could bring back John Lennon using an old CD player, are fun to gawp and laugh at.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.