GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Help with choices, please. (Universities kinda)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 04/09/05 at 12:47
Regular
I wanted to know whether you think I have a shot at Oxford:

GCSEs

2 A*
7 A
2 B

A Levels:

Assuming I get say, ABB or better

In the general Economics, Business management, mathematical areas.

(Also, for this exercise, we can assume I pass the interview too.)
:)

Thanks.
Sun 04/09/05 at 19:56
It's £15 for UCAS anyway, then £10 added on.

Not that much more...
Sun 04/09/05 at 18:10
Regular
"the burning sky"
gerrid wrote:
> Also, like I said, it's £25. Plus however much it costs you to
> get to Oxford for the interview.

Oxford interviews also last a couple of days at least. For mine they asked me to stay there for 4 days in December I think, so basically it meant me only going to school for 1 day that week, thats if i actually decided to turn up...
Sun 04/09/05 at 18:09
Regular
I started a Law degree at Dundee Uni and didn't enjoy it one bit.

I swapped to a Computer Game Technology degree at Abertay, graduated this year and have since been offered a full time job as a games programmer.

Don't put too much into where you go, what you're doing and where you'll end up.

It could all change very, very quickly.
Sun 04/09/05 at 18:04
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Also, like I said, it's £25. Plus however much it costs you to get to Oxford for the interview.
Sun 04/09/05 at 17:58
"period drama"
You have to apply to Oxford / Cambridge much, much earlier than any other unis - it's a whole different application process and close-off date.
Probably so you can get rejected and then apply somewhere decent.
Sun 04/09/05 at 17:53
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Sue universities eh?

That's one way of getting in.
Sun 04/09/05 at 17:52
20 people from my college year managed to get in. 20! It was the highest number in Wales.
Sun 04/09/05 at 17:50
Regular
down wrote:
> You should have used all 6.

Why?

If I didn't get into the coruse I wanted, I could still phone up and sue those unused offers, and knowing that I can't get into those Uni's for those subjects would allow me to rethink and choose soemthing different.

I got an Unconditional from Glasgow only two or three weeks after applying though, that's how much they wanted me.
Sun 04/09/05 at 17:45
I think most universities do, actually.

Aberdeen and Dundee do, anyway. Aberdeen's system is quite good - maximum of fifteen points, 5 for grades, 5 for interview, 5 for personal statement.
Sun 04/09/05 at 17:41
Regular
"The Red Shift"
I heard Oxford had a points system for entry. A certain grade at A level = X points, or something.

Anyone know anything about that?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.