GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Spot the racism, er, difference"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 03/09/05 at 14:37
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Two photos, two captions - spot the bigotry: [URL]http://atrios.blogspot.com/2005_08_28_atrios_archive.html#112545475089735235[/URL]
Sat 03/09/05 at 14:37
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Two photos, two captions - spot the bigotry: [URL]http://atrios.blogspot.com/2005_08_28_atrios_archive.html#112545475089735235[/URL]
Sat 03/09/05 at 14:51
Regular
The thing is quite a few people would wrong the black person, and then praise the white couple for using there initiative.
Sat 03/09/05 at 14:52
Regular
Why would people praise the White people? Aren't they doing the same thing?
Sat 03/09/05 at 14:54
Regular
Yep, they are doing the same thing.

But some people would try and justify what the white people have done, purely because they are white.
Sat 03/09/05 at 15:01
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
People i've talked to about it have said while they don't agree with the violent methods some are using they can understand why people are doing what they're doing, and that's for all people not just the white people. It doesn't matter what subject it is there's always going to be some people who'll have their own racist agenda to push and not miss an opportunity to do so.
Sat 03/09/05 at 15:11
Regular
Kawada wrote:
> It doesn't matter what subject it is there's always going to
> be some people who'll have their own racist agenda to push and not
> miss an opportunity to do so.

Too true.
Sat 03/09/05 at 15:15
Regular
Yeah, I have to say if I was in the situation that they were in I would loot food.
Sat 03/09/05 at 16:38
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Herr Dark Wolf wrote:
> Why would people praise the White people? Aren't they doing the same thing?

That's the point I'm making: the caption says the black guy has "looted" the food whereas the other caption says the white guy has "found" the food.
Sat 03/09/05 at 16:39
Regular
Oh yeah just noticed it, pretty disgraceful.
Sat 03/09/05 at 16:43
Regular
Kawada wrote:
> It doesn't matter what subject it is there's always going to
> be some people who'll have their own racist agenda to push and not
> miss an opportunity to do so.

I get the impression it's a less conscious difference in attitudes.
Not so much pushing an agenda, as simply applying an inherent discrimination.

No excuse of course, but it's not as bad as thinking "a-ha - what a great chance to make black people look bad".

Personally, I'm surprised by the restraint of people only taking a couple of loaves of bread (unless they're jesus, in which case that's plent - they can pick the fish out of what used to be their back garden).
I'd have cleaned out the biscuit isle.

Actually it was probably literally the biscuit isle by the time they got there...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.