GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pompous American Politicians!!!!!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 02/09/05 at 13:53
Regular
The richest nation in the world has an area the size of the UK in ruins and they can do nothing to save the starving dying black people of the Gulf coast.

I know why, it's the wrong Gulf and not as much immediate need as securing the oil fields of Iraq. But right now, I'm sure some of those people would rather be in the current dregs of Iraq than be abandoned by their government in their own country.

There have been no food drops, no water drops and even a limited number of army reinforcements to protect desperate and innocent people from themselves killing each other and looting. I'm loving the spin by the media on looters, by the way. The true disgusting people in this situation are the media who are using fuel and valuable life-saving transport such as helicopters to take videos of people crying for help, they should put those helicopters to better use and realise that all the looters want is a bottle of water or juice and a pack of crisps or a Mars bar.

But the creme de la creme of all American arrogance came from a Louisianna politician who was quoted as saying "This is only what I can imaging Hiroshima was like after the bomb". I hate this from Americans. How can the innocent deaths of people at the hands of mother nature be compared to the Americans dropping nuclear weapons on a condensed area built up with wooden houses and the poorest of the poor in 1940's Japan.

Many of those people would still be alive today if it was not for the American government. Many of the dying today would be alive in 50 years time, if it wasn't for the arrogence of the American government, that's the only link and it's disgusting.

Maybe now America will take their elected officials and elections seriously and not as some big popularity contest, too many lives depend on it.
Fri 30/09/05 at 01:39
Regular
"8==="
Shooting the starving?

It's the sort of response you'd expect from an African dictator and not from the "leader of the free world".

Sickening.
Thu 29/09/05 at 03:07
Regular
"...y'crazy fool!"
GAD winning submission, nice one Bonus ;)
Sat 03/09/05 at 13:20
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
*prays some good old New Orleans citizen decides to dispense some retribution to Dubya* Then Clinton can take his rightful place back in the Whitehouse spreading love to interns everywhere :-D
Sat 03/09/05 at 12:53
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
I can picture it now...

*Waist deep in water*

"Put your hands up or I'll fire! Now... Take that loaf of bread and put it back in the flooded aisle 4 of the Walmart... And don't think I haven't noticed those apples in your pockets... Put them back in the fruits section where you found 'em!"
Sat 03/09/05 at 12:41
Regular
Watched the news this morning.

Footage of 'Bush becoming the caring father figure by hugging and kissing those in distress.

Yeah Bushy, that's really going to sort things, isn't it. Kiss it better and it'll all go away.

Asshat.
Fri 02/09/05 at 23:40
Regular
I take issue with the idea that resources and energy being used to subdue the looters could be used better to provide aid. Regardless of whether looting is justified or not...

when law and order breaks down, the capitalist idea that possessions are the path to heaven will reign. This is especially true of America. But seriously look at the damage already done. Id be surprised if looting was really so bad that any person would spend more effort crushing rebellion than helping the sick and needy.
Yet another example of a government that treasures control of its people more than their well being.
Fri 02/09/05 at 21:50
Regular
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> You've got no electricity, mate - what do you intend to do with it?

Sell it.

Obviously in these circumstances he's really got no one to sell it to, but the chances are he's living in his car and he's taking stuff for the sake of it.

It's like a child in a sweet shop, horrific as it may seem due to the events of the disaster, seeing a load of expensive electrical goods for free (as such) is just too much of a temptation to resist.

EDIT: Imagine if you just saw a whole load of PSP's sitting in the shop, no one around, you've got a box of food in one hand, who's going to know if you just slip one in the pocket aye? etc..
Fri 02/09/05 at 21:46
Regular
Sibs wrote:
> It seems a ridiculous case of holier-than-thou attitude. How is it
> wrong to 'steal' something necessary for survival? Especially in a
> situation such as this where the sellers of the goods have abandoned
> them and they will undoubtedly rot otherwise.
> ....
> It's not a great
> situation to have, but I fail to see why such importance is being put
> on looting.

Very good point. My feelings are that it all comes down to who is the 'bad guy'.

When bad things happen people seem to need someone to blame, or at least someone to hate - an outlet for all the anger and negativity.

And because the national response, under Bush's responsibility, has been so inept, he has to pass the buck to try to save face.
Part of that is directing blame for the response at the state level autorities, but another line of defence is simply marking someone else - the looters - out as the bad guys, the figureheads for criticism and the scapegoats for everyones' anger.

Similarly, despite what sounds like a pretty feeble reaction to warnings in the 24 hours before Katrina hit, the Mayor of N.O. is very firmly channeling criticism off his back and towards Bush.

Not merely passing the buck, but passing the spotlight of negativity.
Fri 02/09/05 at 21:25
"High polygon count"
The "funniest" (for want of a better word) thing I've seen so far was a guy carrying a TV.

I don't know whether it was his, or he'd looted it, but still...

You've got no electricity, mate - what do you intend to do with it?
Fri 02/09/05 at 21:02
Regular
"It's so,so cold"
The A-bombs weren't just to end the war.They were to show the USSR who's boss.From what I've learn't in school the Americans could have ended the war at about the same time without having to use the A-bombs.

Slightly off topic but with the talk of Hiroshima I thought it was relevant.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.